incessant warning about tornadoes, tropical storms, and toll booths that don't exist

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieran973

Hi,

My SV Plus has started doing a weird thing in the last few months. A loud voice - that I can turn neither down or off - will not stop warning me about tornadoes, tropical storms, and toll booths that aren't actually there. The weather warnings happen every few days or so, often on really sunny days with zero clouds in the sky. Maybe there's a tornado or a storm forty miles away, but I've never see any. And the toll booth warnings: when I'm on the highway, every time I go under an overpass, the voice says "warning, toll booth ahead." And when I actually go through actual toll booths, the voice says nothing. It's mostly funny to my wife and I, except that on long highway trips, it often wakes our toddler up from his naps, and then he has nothing to do to pass the remaining time in the car besides scream. Any idea how I can turn these pointless warnings off?

I remember winter storm warnings or thunderstorm warnings for 40+ miles away, that's annoying and yes it is loud. I don't care about storms an hour from me in the mountains thanks.

I also get warnings for dirt roads when it is paved. Got one of those this week, just old data years old data.

For giggles I tried the navigation and it has a warning that kept coming back saying I could not make it so I had to kill the route. a better route planner said I could and I always beat it. I had 30% left at that destination (well charger), ABR said it would be 11% I guess Nissan is just overly conservative not sure? I guess better that way than the other and people get stranded.

The only way I found to make the warnings shut up on my 2019 SL Plus was to turn all navigation prompts/messages off. There is a way to change the volume under the audio settings (you can select each type of audio such as navigation, system warnings, XM radio, Bluetooth phone, etc. and change its relative volume). The navigation system is the ONLY thing I don't like about the 2019. The maps on the 2011 and 2015 were more up to date and they would periodically update charging station locations. I frequently check for software and map updates (since it is theoretically possible to update through WiFi), but it always shows that software and maps are both the latest versions.

Back