LEAF wreck. Oh, the horror!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
http://www.newsregister.com/article?articleTitle=electric+car+collides+with+empty+school+bus--1328034988--2551--home-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

013112.hwy47mp27.bus.1_fitbox_400x1000.JPG

:shock:

Looks like this LEAF might be totaled?

If so, who is going to bid on this "salvage" car for parts?

Battery, inverter, charger, motor, ...
lots of good stuff to take apart!

Thanks, Robert Hill, for being the first major donor
to the LEAF organ bank!! :lol:

Should we call it the Open-LEAF Organ Bank?

Can you say, "cell phone involved" and distracted the driver?? I think so unless in heavy fog but, dang that is a big ass bus, how could you miss it with the yellow color. lol

TonyWilliams said:
How long after the crash did the batteries explode into a giant fire ball, killing innocent children on the school bus ?

One week. Everyone involved just sat patiently around as they were until that event happened.

I wonder if this would have made news if it wasn't a LEAF? If it was a different car would the title be, "Gas Car Collides with School Bus"?
Looks like quite a bit of damage plus airbags deployed, I bet the insurance company will salvage the car regardless of the repair cost just to avoid any future potential liability, being electric and all. :roll:

garygid said:
Looks like this LEAF might be totaled?

If so, who is going to bid on this "salvage" car for parts?

Battery, inverter, charger, motor, ...
lots of good stuff to take apart!

Thanks, Robert Hill, for being the first major donor
to the LEAF organ bank!! :lol:

Should we call it the Open-LEAF Organ Bank?

If the insurance company decides to total it, they will probably sell the carcus at an auction, perhaps you can find out who the insurance company for that crashed Leaf is, and maybe ask them to let you know when the auction is... They will sell it to the highest bidder, most likely to recover as much of their money as possible.

I would be happy with ONE lousy battery module.. you guys can fight over the rest.. :)

I hope everything turns out well for Mr Hill, cars can be replaced.

DTB said:
I wonder if this would have made news if it wasn't a LEAF? If it was a different car would the title be, "Gas Car Collides with School Bus"?
Probably not. Apparently, Gaston Rural Fire District and ODOT also responded to the scene. I doubt that would have happened with a regular car.

Back