Newest Component Release Levels (firmware,version,software)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z0ner

Updated to reflect P1273 LEAF VCM LBC TCU NTB12-014

Boot Ware (NK1):157
Application (NK2):157
Audio Unit Software:067
CAN uCOM Software:018
Front Display Software:030
BOLERO Software:00.05
Bluetooth Firmware:C237
Voice Recognition Engine:925-125-000
Voice Synthesis Engine:5.0.0.3-PS-P2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version:00001090
Voice Synthesis Data Version:00003000
Record Data Version:00001032
Part Number:3NA0E
XM Satellite Radio Software:012
Switch Software:030000
TCU Software:3NA0000627
Map Version:10/08/12/01

In order to obtain your releases:
Power on the vehicle
Power off the audio
Press the MAP button 3x
Press the Audio Power button 2x
Press the MAP button 1x
Select Confirmation/Adjustment
Select Version/Information

When this thread needs updating, PM me or add onto the thread and I'll update this post.

Note: Minimum TCU Software release for TB-11-041 fix "2011 Leaf, No Telematics Communication": 3NA0000626

Yes, there's a thread on here about it:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5103&hilit=telematics

It's technical bulletin: TB-11-041 "2011 Leaf, No Telematics Communication". I took it to OC Nissan in Irvine and I was their first patient. I called in the morning, dropped it off at lunchtime, and it was ready for me by 5pm. They only allow the foreman to work on LEAFs and he also had to contact NNA to get help. But it's fixed and I'm a happy camper.

z0ner said:
Boot Ware (NK1):147
Application (NK2):147

Mine is at release level 127 for both of these Anyone know when 147 came out, and what it may have changed/fixed?

garygid said:
Does TB 11-041 (TCU Upgrade) reqiure the April 2011 "A/C" firmware Upgrade?
(I suspect not.)

Not sure Gary, but I didn't have a choice. My car was delivered with the A/C fix.

dpodoll said:
Mine is at release level 127 for both of these Anyone know when 147 came out, and what it may have changed/fixed?

Dpodoll, by reading your delivery date, it looks like they are components of the TCU update.

z0ner's (on the left) compared to mine (on the right):

Boot Ware (NK1):147 => 108
Application (NK2):147 => 108
Audio Unit Software:067 (same)
CAN uCOM Software:018 (same)
Front Display Software:030 (same)
BOLERO Software:00.05 (same)
Bluetooth Firmware:C230 (same)
Voice Recognition Engine:925-123-000 (same)
Voice Synthesis Engine:5.0.0.3-PS-P2 (same)
Voice Recognition Grammar Version:00001080 (same)
Voice Synthesis Data Version:00003000 (same)
Record Data Version:00001026 (same)
Part Number:3NA0B (same)
XM Satellite Radio Software:012 (same)
Switch Software:030000 (same)
TCU Software:3NA0000626 ==> 3NA0000622
Map Version:10/08/12/01 (same)

Looks like I have old Boot Ware (NK1), Application (NK2), and TCU Software
otherwise everything else is the same.

Updated Part Number to 3NA0D thanks to LittleChap who took delivery last week and compared release levels. Only difference from the OP.

Keep in mind that we have confirmed that the displayed Part Number actually has no direct bearing on what version of software is actually in the VCM. That can not be determined from the diagnostics screen, only from the Consult III+.

z0ner said:
Updated Part Number to 3NA0D thanks to LittleChap who took delivery last week and compared release levels. Only difference from the OP.

Does TB 11-041 (TCU Upgrade) increase the frequency of sending data to Carwings?

Currently I am getting about 1.5 days of delay but it seems to work fine.

The delay appears to be on the Carwings server side of the equation so I would expect the update to make no difference in that regard...

mxp said:
Does TB 11-041 (TCU Upgrade) increase the frequency of sending data to Carwings?

mxp said:

Make sure that you have the Carwings update connection parameter in the car set to a period that is shorter than your average time that you operate the car. For example if you have the update set to 1 hour but you only drive the car for 30 minutes, then it won't update.

I have my Leaf set for update at power on, so my Carwings server data is always up to date.

Here is the path to set the download frequency on the car:

From the Navigation unit:

Menu>CarWings>CarWings Settings>Info Feed Settings>Download Automatically>Select Download Interval>Power On (or a frequency that is shorter than the time you actually drive the car on average).

This is the download interval TO the car. I'm not sure it makes any difference in the upload interval FROM the car (which is what Carwings uses)...

TomT said:
This is the download interval TO the car. I'm not sure it makes any difference in the upload interval FROM the car (which is what Carwings uses)...

From experience, I can tell you that the download frequency does make a difference as it also forces an upload.

A co-worker just took delivery of his new Leaf today. It is in the high 8K range of VINs (I forget the exact number)... He reports his shows a part number of 3NA0E. I wonder what this number really represents as I find it hard to believe that there have been that many software revisions that quickly...

He also has TCU Software 3NA0000627, which appears to be yet another more recent revision...

z0ner said:

Took a while to find this very useful thread. Can I suggest adding a few more keywords in the title (firmware, version, update, software, bios, tcu) to make it more discoverable?

Somehow I am not able to get this button sequence to work on mine. I am assuming that the step "Select Confirmation / Adjustment" means that a menu will appear with this option listed. I get nothing. I've tried several times with both the car fully ON or just the Nav console ON. No luck either way. Am I the only ape that can't press on a button 3 times or this only works on the most recent LEAFs ?

I did it this morning (with the same result as TEG). You have to push the button sequence very quickly.

-Mike

Back