Thanks To All!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectriCute

I've been on this forum for only a short time, and wish to thank those that have helped with their comments on my posts. It's so nice to know that there are people who are willing to help when help is needed. So very grateful.

Glad you are enjoying the forum. There are at least a few of us who don’t even own leafs anymore but still enjoy the forum for its content and the people. It’s also well moderated. There are a ton of people here smarter than me on all things EV.

Kinda still miss our leaf though. Great car.

ElectriCute said:
I've been on this forum for only a short time, and wish to thank those that have helped with their comments on my posts. It's so nice to know that there are people who are willing to help when help is needed. So very grateful.

As I always say, most of us don't try sell about anything about the Leaf, only our experiences, complaints, what we like, etc. At the same time, we don't want mis-information about the Leaf to spread around *cough Facebook* everywhere that could get someone in trouble like exaggerating things that could be wrong or right with it about range, features, safe driving, etc.

I go to EV car events many times a year where you are showing off your vehicle to people who have never seen an EV before up close and personal along with other owners of Tesla, Kia, Hyundai, etc. During those events, there is no competition to one up the other as we encourage people to shop along what they want in style and budget in any EV. If the Leaf can't do what people ask about it, I don't have any problems telling them it can't do it. It doesn't hurt my feelings any, I wouldn't want someone to buy one thinking they will drive it 300 miles @ 80 mph on a single charge to find out the hard way that's impossible. I actually enjoy telling people about the limitation of the Leaf because once you get over that, it's much easier to plan what you can actually use it for. People want the truth, not dealership speak, and they are much happier for it. When I bought my 2013 Leaf way back when, I knew of the range limitations, effects of weather on the range, etc. I was still able to do a lot more than I thought I could with the vehicle as it became the main one while the gas vehicle sat for months at a time before some occasional use for long trips. With the 2020 I have now, the triple range increase has basically put the gas vehicle into retirement as my family can go just about anywhere within a multi-state radius without much issues about range or charging when it comes to family meetups, vacations, etc.

Other than a few members who delight in being argumentative and deliberately grating, there's a lot of good information that flows through these forums. It's a comfort to know that, should any technical issues arise with my LEAF, the answers to the problems are likely somewhere on this site or in the brains of one of the smart techs who visit here (a nod to nlspace and Dala in particular).

Back