My 2011 Leaf is 10-years old! Anyone else stayed with their original Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxp

Anyone else here on the forum still with their original Leaf purchase back in the day... ?

History:
Reserved: Apr 23, 2010. Ordered: Nov 30th, 2011. Delivery: July 01, 2011

Both our 2011 Leafs are now 10 years old to this very day!

Both vehicles had a 90/10 Nissan dealer assisted battery replacement (aka Lizard Battery) a few years ago (2015)...
Batteries still holding strong, one with 10/12 bars and another 11/12 bars.

I am out. Just sold 2011 here in Hawaii with 38K Mi. 5 bars for $4750. Buyers seemed happy as the mileage will meet their demands.
I have enjoyed the maintenance free ride for 10 years. I have replaced 1 pair of wipers and a cabin filter in 10 years.
My EV days are over. At 62 years of age I should barely be able to get to the end of my life with ice vehicles. Barely.
Looking forward to a life of a motorhead. My family loves racing, F1, NHRA.
Once I am 65 might buy a 1000HP Corvette hybrid. Or just a Corvette.
I have enjoyed my time here at mnl. Learned a lot from many people over the years.
I will continue to lurk around the sight.

Cheers!

This thread has been keeping track of long owned Leafs: https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25454&p=606243#p606243

I would have bought mine (with new battery) after the 5 year lease was up but Nissan wanted a ludicrous sum to buy it ($12.5K). It sat on a dealer's lot for nearly a year after I turned it in and finally sold for $5K. Typical Nissan incompetence.

mxp said:
Anyone else here on the forum still with their original Leaf purchase back in the day... ?

Back