Is forward warning display correct?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillmj24

Is this what is supposed to show up when you press proPilot button? My forward graphic doesn't have the bullseye icon like the lane and blind spot, only the audio icon. And it's not lit up/filled in like the others either.

I do have forward emergency braking enabled.

I did have a couple sudden errors soon after I got the car about front camera temperature too hot, and something else. That seemed to clear itself the next time I turned on the car, unless it's been silently inactive all this time.... :roll:

I have noticed with pro pilot on and cruise control activated that it waits a bit more than I'd like to sense stopped traffic up ahead and hits the brakes rather abruptly....so it's not totally inactive, is it?

https://imgur.com/a/aV0RLnI

Going by the picture, you have the sensors enabled but no services active (no cruise, adaptive cruise, pro pilot, etc). If you scroll the display to the top, you'll have the "cruise" screen that shows a little more detail about what the vehicle sees it front and on the side (as far as road lines) when active. You basically have forward warning sensors active, lane change sensors active, blind spot sensors active and probably rear collision warning is also active. You can even customize the info screen to show more or less windows (like active trace, efficiency trip-ometer, etc).

Nothing looks incorrect, if that is what you are asking?

There is a setting to automatically move the info window to the "cruise" screen when you press the button no matter what other screen is active if that is what you would prefer?

So....as soon as you hit the blue button, lane and blind spot activates instantly. But that screen wouldn't show forward being active unless cruise is SET? Makes sense. I only seem to get this screen for a second or two when I press the blue button to turn things on, but you're saying i can access it with the menus? My cruise status when set is just the bigger "car hood icon" with the lane lines in gray or green (if actively keeping lane) and a car in front of me if one is there (so it is detecting cars in front of me, just seems to have a hard time if I'm going 40 and there'sa red light and stopped cars ahead).

Yes my main concern was, is this correct... sounds like it probably is. Maybe next time I'll try SET-ting the speed immediately and see if that quick screen changes. But as I recall if I do quickly SET the speed i think it just goes from that quick status screen with forward inactive, to my main cruise screen with the car hood icon described above, so i never see that forward part "filled in"/"lit up."

If you are concerned yours isn't working correctly, you could always go to a dealership and "test drive" one to confirm that yours is working the same way as a new car.

Ok I figured out how to get that screen tonstay on.

SETting the cruise control speed doesn't effect the forward status indicators on that screen.

http://imgur.com/a/hcII6bX

Back