What the Hell is this?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have a local shop around the installs remote starters / stereos, etc. maybe they could help identify it. please post what it is if you find out.

I'd rather not risk unplugging it and finding out (the hard way) that it's wired in such a way that disconnecting it disables the vehicle.

And there's a label on the back, but all it shows are serial numbers.

I ran up to Nissan of Tustin after work yesterday, but it was already an hour after quitting-time for the service department. Tomorrow, however, I'll be in that neck of the woods by noon, with the entire afternoon off.

I do know that it was formerly a lease vehicle.

----------

May 6th:

Well, after my COVID-19 shot, I went over to the dealer, and had it looked at. As it happens, the senior service writer (whom I've known since infancy -- his, not mine) looked at it personally, and it's a GPS tracker of some sort, and wired in such a way that removing it would keep the car from powering up. He also decided that whoever had done it had done a lousy job, and moved it behind a panel.

The sales dept. got me the name of the dealership that had been the former owner. I went over to that dealership (only a few miles from my home), only to find that a former owner of the dealership had been the former owner. :roll:

Back