E Pedal is both. 50% higher regen than B mode but also uses friction braking "mostly" at very low speeds or when SOC is very high and regen is weak.Marktm wrote: ↑Sat May 01, 2021 6:19 pmJust brought home my new 2021 SV Plus with tech. Probably has more than I wanted on it, but the dealer discounted $10,500 and (hopefully) will get the full $7500 tax credit - we'll see how that goes this year!
Traded in my 2012 to the same dealer that replaced the battery - probably lost $1000 on a private party deal, but did not want 3 cars around. Some questions:
- is the "e pedal" just high regen - does it have conventional braking at some point?
- should I expect similar mile/kWh as my old Leaf? Little heating required with steering and seat warmers - more A/C - that seemed amazingly efficient on my 2012. My overall GOM reading is 4.4 mi/kWh
- I guess I'll need to add a 50 amp circuit for the dual voltage charge controller - is a properly designed 40 amp OK?
- Anyone using a Open EVSE as charge controller? Mine stopped at 17 amps (240 VAC) - believe it should go to max of the OE, or max of the on-board charger? I'm thinking I'll need to re-install the "menu" button to determine if there is a max amp setting - if I can find it!
- It comes with Michellin tires - what is the max pressure that works well with these?
I'm sure I'll have additional questions and comments - only driven it a few miles, but seems very quiet, responsive and high quality.
I didn't see a difference in efficiency
If you want to spend the money...why not. I simply used my current EVSE as it was more than good enough
On tire pressure; that is a highly personal decision. Higher pressure will wear longer and get better efficiency at the loss of some traction. I tried recommended pressures twice; my 2016 and 2018 and both times I simply could not live with the feel of the car when negotiating the many roundabouts in my area so I pumped the tires back up and simply increased my following distance (not really as I don't follow closely in most cases because I want room to regen if needed)