EV aftermarket programme

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adameganSMPE

Hi there

I'm new here and was not entirely sure where to put this post but here goes.

We are an aftermarket spare part manufacturer from the UK and we are running a programme to deliver a suitable high quality after market option to the world of EV's.

Currently I know there aren't a multitude of options for EV owners when problems occur and we think it makes business sense to plug that gap, as well as benefitting the EV community.

So I need some help from you guys.

1) Common faults - we need to know what parts have spares demand and ideally the cost of repair for these faults (parts with labor broken out)

2) If any of you have broken parts that we could have to look at, see how they break and ensure our products don't replicate that fault through our design.

With the research i've done already i've seen PTC issues on the early gen leafs, does anyone have a broken PTC we can have? does the fault happen on the newer leafs with the air to air heater etc?

Fire away people!

Adam

The stock water pumps are a complete rip off:

21581-3NA0A (2011-2012), 21581-3NF0A (2013 - 2017?)

If you do a Google search for:

"water pump" site:mynissanleaf.com

You'll find at least one thread RE a non-stock water pump that a guy retrofitted to his LEAF. He managed to find a comparable pump (visually, it looks almost identical to stock) for much less than the stock part.

So, an after market water pump would be a reasonably in demand part.

Back