Ariya Deliveries in the US?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltneu

I hear sometime in the summer the Ariya will start deliveries in the US.
Anyone have more info?
Any speculation on pricing for the AWD, long range?

Oddly enough, I only "see" them all the time at Nissan HQ. I should really start taking pictures I guess :lol:

One time, I did have a conversation with one of the Nissan staff because he pulled up in one and plugged into the L2 station there. It has the same VPS sounds that the newer Leaf have (different than the Gen 1 sounds) that got my attention when it "wasn't" Leaf making the sound. All of the text on it though was written in Japanese, so I didn't know what it said at the time. It just had "manufacture" plates on it, kind of generic looking white plates. He couldn't give me any technical details on it, maybe I'll bug them more next time I run into them if they are about to release them for sale anyway.... ;)

LeftieBiker said:
I'm counting on the Ariya arriving late this Fall - so I can extend my lease for the Summer and use that as my reason.

That’s interesting. My lease is up in mid October, will Nissan let you extend the lease a few months if you have an order for Ariya?

Thanks, I am just concerned that deliveries in the US will slip into 2022.
All the videos I see of the car have the steering wheel on the right side not the side we drive in the US.
We will have to wait.

Tell them that you have one ordered, and would like a month to month lease extension of, say, six months while waiting. I had a two year lease on my 2013 SV; I turned it in five years later.

Geez I want one of these! I just got a '20 Leaf a couple of months ago, and now the Ariya is coming. Not fair. Although I do like the low price of the Leaf, and it beats the low-range Ford Focus Electric I had before. I should settle and not get greedy :lol: :roll:
There is something about bronze or gold paint that gets me. And a picture with cool bricks in the background! Wow.
Compare to the Kia EV6 & Hyundai Ioniq 5 coming up:
hKgXtqN.jpg

Let's hope Nissan will still be around. Or at least they could sell off their EV lines to somebody, and separately the excellent new version of the Frontier PU (which will also sell like hotcakes), and the good selling Rogue, other CUVs.

voltamps said:
Let's hope Nissan will still be around. Or at least they could sell off their EV lines to somebody, and separately the excellent new version of the Frontier PU (which will also sell like hotcakes), and the good selling Rogue, other CUVs.

Nissan and Toyota are to Japan what Ford and GM are to the US, the have a large employment base and lots of government lobbying, so the government will do just about anything to keep them in business (low interest loans, bailout money, etc.) Not saying it is impossible for them to fail, but it will be difficult for a total failure to happen.

Great picture (same color as what I've seen at Nissan HQ), better than what I would have gotten. There are two charging doors, not visible in the picture. In the same place near the front, but on each side. Don't know what they do because the L2 charging was plugged into the passengers side. I suppose the Drivers side is the QC, though never got to see what type they used... :?

voltamps said:
Geez I want one of these! I just got a '20 Leaf a couple of months ago, and now the Ariya is coming. Not fair. Although I do like the low price of the Leaf, and it beats the low-range Ford Focus Electric I had before. I should settle and not get greedy :lol: :roll:
There is something about bronze or gold paint that gets me. And a picture with cool bricks in the background! Wow.

voltamps said:
hKgXtqN.jpg

Sweet. And love the colour. Will be watching this site for reviews. It would probably look sharp in the driveway parked beside the wife’s model 3. :).

If previous Nissan BEV launches hold true for the Ariya, then the launch availability will follow the sequence of the 2018 Gen 2 LEAF launch.

- "Roller" (i.e. non-drivable prototypes) media previews Q4/Q1CY 20-21
- Long-lead product media driving sneaks of prototypes: Q3 CY21
- Global product announcement and product details: Q4 CY21
- Limited production starts in Japan Q4 CY21 (it is unclear when the Ariya will be built in US & European manufacturing facilities)
- Product availability on US dealer lots Q1 CY22

OrientExpress said:
If previous Nissan BEV launches hold true for the Ariya, then the launch availability will follow the sequence of the 2018 Gen 2 LEAF launch.

- "Roller" (i.e. non-drivable prototypes) media previews Q4/Q1CY 20-21
- Long-lead product media driving sneaks of prototypes: Q3 CY21
- Global product announcement and product details: Q4 CY21
- Limited production starts in Japan Q4 CY21 (it is unclear when the Ariya will be built in US & European manufacturing facilities)
- Product availability on US dealer lots Q1 CY22

What?

Just picked up some valve stems from our local Nissan. They confirmed that Ariya is coming this summer and that dates had moved up. Nissan appears to be getting their act in gear.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Just picked up some valve stems from our local Nissan. They confirmed that Ariya is coming this summer and that dates had moved up. Nissan appears to be getting their act in gear.

Welcome news!

Back