2018 Seat and Steering Wheel Heaters

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snlj

I just upgraded from a 2015 SL to a 2018 S. Overall it's a gigantic improvement, and I'm loving it!

That said, I've noticed that the heat output from the seats and steering wheel is a fraction of what I got from the 2015 (and also the 2014 I owned before that). In those cars, the heaters could get uncomfortably-hot at times. In this new one, it's barely noticeable.

Has anyone else experienced this? The steering wheel heater was broken when I got the car and the wheel was just replaced, so I'm confident that it's not an issue with the element itself. Is there something I'm missing here, or are the heaters simply downgraded from the first generation?

I cannot speak for the 2018, but my 2019 is better than my 2015 in that the steering wheel does not get quite as hot and will stay on longer (because it does not shut itself off when it gets too hot). The driver seat heater seems to get almost as warm as my 2015 did and also does not shut itself off prematurely. Therefore, I like the heated steering wheel and heated driver seat better in my 2019. One drawback is the 2019 does not have heated rear seat (just driver and front seat passenger).

Back