black device fell off obd2 port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donaldus

Bought 2018 Leaf with 20K; my wife was exiting the car and a black OBD2 “plug-in” fell on the floor. No markings on case, internally has circuit board with 134221-3030 rev e1a1/a1 on it. Some type of Leaf aftermarket monitor? Car was lease return, could it be gps tracker?

Post some pictures of it.

(upload it to imgur.com and either get the path to the image as https://i.imgur.com/ZiktzyJ.jpg and put it in a IMG block or use the "... / Get Share Links" and copy the BBCODE link)

Whoever sold it to you is probably wondering where their OBD2 dongle is, for use with the Leafspy app - a popular app used to check the LEAF's battery health, among other things...

:lol:
donaldus said:
Bought 2018 Leaf with 20K; my wife was exiting the car and a black OBD2 “plug-in” fell on the floor. No markings on case, internally has circuit board with 134221-3030 rev e1a1/a1 on it. Some type of Leaf aftermarket monitor? Car was lease return, could it be gps tracker?

gSggitH.jpg

[Mod: converted to inline image]

My first guess is one of those devices you use for car insurance to lower your rates where they track your driving, but I remember reading somewhere that those devices don't often work with the leaf. Might also be a dongle to use with leafspy, but I've never seen one with a battery built into it since it usually uses the port for power.

Tried reinstalling the darn thing...see how my wife knocked it off; protrudes significantly into knee space. Tried bluetooth connection, nothing new showed up on the list.

A google search on the white sticker (LMU30G600-G1000 turns up "GPS Tracker". e.g.: https://www.embeddedworks.net/wwan486/

LeftieBiker said:
So either a watchful parent, or a stalking SO or ex-SO...
Or an insurance company that bills by the mile or at least takes total miles driven into account.....

Back