How much did you pay for your 84 month Nissan Warranty ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SalemCat

I have seven months to surchase it, and do want to purchase one. At the lowest cost possible.

I am only considering a Genuine Nissan Warranty.

Unless it's the Gold Preferred Plus, there isn't much use for a Leaf owner to have it. For a while you could get the above warranty for $500, but Nissan cracked down on dealers selling them cheap. Last number I saw lately was $1500.

SalemCat said:

I have seven months to surchase it, and do want to purchase one. At the lowest cost possible.

Read the fine print on yours, when I was going to make a decision on purchasing something similar from Nissan, I found out in the fine print that you have to pay a lot to constantly bring in the vehicle for "check ups" or else you void the warranty or conditions that would make them pay for failures. Back in 2013, it was going to cost +$2,000 extra, probably cost more now, but I didn't take it and now 8 years later, glad I didn't :mrgreen:

knightmb said:
SalemCat said:

Read the fine print on yours, when I was going to make a decision on purchasing something similar from Nissan, I found out in the fine print that you have to pay a lot to constantly bring in the vehicle for "check ups" or else you void the warranty or conditions that would make them pay for failures. Back in 2013, it was going to cost +$2,000 extra, probably cost more now, but I didn't take it and now 8 years later, glad I didn't :mrgreen:

Well, I bought it.

I will discover my error, in time.

IF it covers the infotainment and climate control systems, it isn't worthless - unless you have to have those paid annual checkups and they cost a lot. The Gold Preferred warranty only required a pre-purchase inspection.

Back