Am I right in thinking there's no way to display the internal temperature in my 2017 Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drbrake

As far as I can see while I can see the outside temperature and the "target" inside temperature (on my standard, "no frills" 2017 model)? It must know the temperature if it is going to try to get to a certain temperature. Why not show it? Or is there a setting I have missed?

I've never ever owned nor leased ANY car that showed the internal temp. If they showed any temp, it was only the external temp.

For me, this is going back to model years as far back as 2002.

Are you talking about auto mode? I have a 2017 S and I run the heat settings by turning one dial to set the desired temp and then adjusting the fan with the other dial. IIRC, the temp display is only active when the heat button is pushed but otherwise, it's pretty normal.

To my knowledge, there is no way to have the car display cabin temperature directly. EV Connect will show the approximate cabin temperature if you request a status update either from a smart phone or computer (SV and SL models only, of course). EV Connect gives a range, but actual cabin temperature is within that range.

GerryAZ said:
EV Connect will show the approximate cabin temperature if you request a status update either from a smart phone or computer (SV and SL models only, of course). EV Connect gives a range, but actual cabin temperature is within that range.
Sounds like an '18+ or maybe '17+ feature. I don't recall ever seeing such a thing w/my '13 SV.

cwerdna said:
GerryAZ said:
EV Connect will show the approximate cabin temperature if you request a status update either from a smart phone or computer (SV and SL models only, of course). EV Connect gives a range, but actual cabin temperature is within that range.
Sounds like an '18+ or maybe '17+ feature. I don't recall ever seeing such a thing w/my '13 SV.
I don't know if the newer version of EV Connect allows this on 2013 through 2017 or not because that functionality was not in place when I first got my 2019 so I certainly never had it while I had my 2015. I started seeing the cabin temperature on the status email, text, and app display for my 2019 after one of the EV Connect Android app updates and see it on the iOS version now that I am using an iPhone.

cwerdna said:
I've never ever owned nor leased ANY car that showed the internal temp. If they showed any temp, it was only the external temp.
The first car I saw that showed internal temperature was a Nissan 300ZX owned by a co-worked, circa 1992.

Tesla shows it, but oddly only on the app, not on the dash or MCU.

^^^
Weird, for me. Besides cars I've owned or leased, I'm thinking of cars that my parents have had going back model year 1978, including now 4 GM vehicles, (besides 2 Leafs) 3 Nissans, a Dodge and 4 Toyotas. None have had inside temperature displays.

I can't think of a single rental having it either but most tended to be GM but has included Nissans, Chryslers, a VW, a few Fords, a few Hyundais, at least 1 Kia and even a Daewoo.

Back