Unwanted HV Software Re-set. What Now?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptLarry

I have been tracking my 30KwH battery in my 2016 SV since it was new with Leaf Spy.
I lost the first bar at about 9500 miles
and my battery SOH declined from 99% to 76 % during 4 years
At 11K miles I went in for the Battery Terminal Corrsion Recal ( battery plate).
and the 10K service required for the warranty.

Without my permission they performed the software change..
I had previously refused to have this done..

Now I have all 12 bars again, and my SOH is reading 90%.

I have yet to drive enough to see if I actually have the capacity and range indicated
or if this is just a fake to fend off a warranty replacement.. that seemed to be galloping my way.

BTW... I studied the previous generation of leafs.. and all the info available on this forum
regarding charging, discharging, heat, and yada yada. I typically have a 30-40 mile use, recharge to 85-88 %
only 16 QCs Clipper Creek high power L2 EVSE. No high temp battery events.

if I have done anything wrong.. it might be too many L2 charges when I was only down to 50%...
never turtled, only 2 low bat warnings.. where we've gotten to maybe 12-13 %.
Typically 4.1 miles per KwH... and platinum ranking.

So, I dont know if I have been snookered and screwed... or not.
I will charge to100 % and compare the Ah reading with previous... see if they have fiddled with that too !
my cell variation is between 9 and 12 mv.. always has been.

I would like to hear other folks experience with this goofy re-set and the 2016 battery.
I am beginning to think I would have been better off to exercise the battery more.. discharging deeper,
more often. Clearly with only 11k use in 4 years... the car is under utilized.

See my reply in the other topic to which you posted. I'll leave this one up if it is active. Otherwise I'll merge it with the 30kwh battery topic in a few days.

Why are you upset? Your vehicle now shows the actual SOH that the 30kWh battery has, see this article for more info: https://flipthefleet.org/2018/30-kwh-nissan-leaf-firmware-update-to-correct-capacity-reporting/

If you were targeting getting a 40kWh pack replacement on your warranty, it still requires the update on your 30kWh pack before getting eligible, so no reason to be upset at all!

CaptLarry said:
or if this is just a fake to fend off a warranty replacement.. that seemed to be galloping my way.
You didn't have a warranty replacement coming... not without the BMS update that you just got.

Back