Help: Windshield Washer Tubing Tee Orientation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SageBrush

(presumably) rodents made Chop Suey of my windshield wiper tubing. I was able to salvage the Tee that distributes water to the driver side and passenger side nozzles and armed with new tubing from NAPA I connected the tubing together but I have been unable to get water flow out of each nozzle. Oddly enough, water flows evenly out of each arm of the Tee before I connect the tubes to the nozzles, but after connection only the passenger side nozzle squirts water. I don't think the driver side nozzle is the problem since it squirts as expected when it is the only one connected.

I tried blowing air into each arm of the Tee to figure out orientation but my results were fuzzy.

Bad Tee ?
Wrong orientation ?
Wrong respective tubing lengths ?

Just a swag but I've seen restrictors inside tubing on various components on other cars. It could be possible that the washer lines had a restrictor in one to equalize the pressure although this seems unlikely since the distance between them is short and the nozzles are probably the biggest choke point. Can you swap the nozzles to see if the problem is there?

Judging by this schematic taken from a Nissan Rogue I installed the Tee (better described as a ~ Wye ) reversed.
Easy fix ... I hope. I've gotten pretty quick at disassembly.
http://www.nirogue.com/front_washer_nozzle_and_tube-1338.html

uc

Back