Nissan Connect and LeafSpy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooksy

Hello All

I've recently purchased a used Leaf 2015 year with 28K on the clock - very pleased with it - A joy to drive -

I have a couple of questions about getting Nissan Connect working & Also using Leaf Spy

Nissan Connect
I have been in communication with Nissan customer services because I cannot get the app working
The customer details have been transferred to my name. Nissan CS have suggested i log into You+Nissan but that does not work either (I do not get an confirmation e-mail) - I am at a dead end with this & completely confused with it all - I just wanted to use the app on my phone to operate cabin heating etc - Can somebody tell me :-
1/ what is Nissan Connect (i have an app downloaded on my phone blue e symbol, zero emission's - with Nissan EV under the app) Is this the Nissan Connect app??? - If so why does it not say Nissan Connect?
2 / What is Carwings - My understanding is its the vehicle hardware to work bluetooth
3/ What is You+Nissan - No Idea

Leaf Spy
I paid for the LeafSpy Pro app & have purchased OBD2 adapter but have had no luck getting this to work either
I have bought 3 x OBD2's none of them seem to connect to my phone - I have tried both wifi & bluetooth versions & are supposed to be iphone compatible - all the OBD2 adapters come without any instructions at all so I have viewed YouTube video's to get instructions but if the phone does not connect to the OBD2 then this leads to a dead end also

Total time spent on Nissan Connect & Leaf Spy is about 7 hours now - i just cant believe how complicated these things are -

Has anyone else had similar difficulties with these apps & is there a simple solution ?

Rooksy

Rooksy said:
I have bought 3 x OBD2's none of them seem to connect to my phone
Which ones did you buy? Please supply model numbers, or (better) actual links to the products you bought. It might help if you included the brand/model of your phone you are using.

Re: wifi LeafSpy Pro:

I had problems connecting through wifi as well. If I put the iPhone in airplane mode, turn on wifi, then select the ODBII, it works.
The key was putting it in airplane mode to turn off the internet.

Rooksy said:
Hello All

I've recently purchased a used Leaf 2015 year with 28K on the clock - very pleased with it - A joy to drive -

I have a couple of questions about getting Nissan Connect working & Also using Leaf Spy

Nissan Connect
I have been in communication with Nissan customer services because I cannot get the app working
The customer details have been transferred to my name. Nissan CS have suggested i log into You+Nissan but that does not work either (I do not get an confirmation e-mail) - I am at a dead end with this & completely confused with it all - I just wanted to use the app on my phone to operate cabin heating etc - Can somebody tell me :-
1/ what is Nissan Connect (i have an app downloaded on my phone blue e symbol, zero emission's - with Nissan EV under the app) Is this the Nissan Connect app??? - If so why does it not say Nissan Connect?
2 / What is Carwings - My understanding is its the vehicle hardware to work bluetooth
3/ What is You+Nissan - No Idea

I can address the Nissan Connect part of your question; the 2015 version works essentially like my 2011
1) The proper Nissan app actually says "Nissan Connect" in small letters under the "e" symbol
2) CarWings is the "old" name for Nissan Connect; I suggest you find/download a copy of the "leaf-navigation-manual" which will give you a decent overview of the what/how the telematics on the car work (hint: it has nothing to do with Bluetooth)
3) Create an account at https://www.nissanusa.com/owners.html which will allow you to link your car, etc. before you ever try to use the app. They changed the online version last year to make it much more user UN-friendly, so look for the "manage account" button (after everything is setup) to actually use all the (cool) EV services available (like pre-heat)

Caveat: it's possible you will have to return to a Nissan dealer if the TCU either
1) hasn't been properly registered to your account or,
2) upgraded to 3G

There are plenty of threads on this forum about both if you do a search.
Hope that helps and good luck!

Back