20nissanl3af13
Delivery Date: 20 Feb 2016
Leaf Number: 410210

Is Fenix a total scam? Anyone been able to receive refund??

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Sent repeated email requests for a refund of my Fenix Power deposit ($150) starting back on Jan 27. Have not heard a word from them. (Have received at least two general status emails in that time- they still want more customers!!)

Has anyone had any response recently from Fenix?? What is a guy to do??

jlv
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2014
Leaf Number: 424487

Re: Is Fenix a total scam? Anyone been able to receive refund??

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:28 am

The owner claimed he would make sure everyone who wanted could get a refund of their deposit, even if "a meteor strikes our offices".
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php? ... nd#p546845

But they didn't put the deposits in an escrow account. He said it didn't matter, as instead they were "investigating blockchain based smart-contracts".
https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php? ... 00#p548003

Good luck.
LEAF '13 SL+Prem (mfg 12/13, leased 4/14, bought 5/17, sold 11/18) 34K mi, AHr 58, SOH 87%
Tesla S 75D (3/17)
Tesla X 100D (12/18)
93K 100% BEV miles since '14
ICE free since '18

theblueleaf
Delivery Date: 07 Jan 2011

Re: Is Fenix a total scam? Anyone been able to receive refund??

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:27 am

I've been trying to get a refund since mid/late-February and have sent several emails and received no replies. Their website (just updated in the last week or two) says this about refunds:
What happens after you send that email:
*Note: we are currently transitioning our business finances in relation to investment funding, refunds may experience a delay of up to 2 weeks.
We monitor that email throughout the day, if sent prior to 5 PM Pacific time, you will see a same-day reply confirming your request via your preferred contact method. After that time your confirmation may be the following day.
Depending on how you read that, you might get a reply same-day or within two weeks. Either way, they have repeatedly missed that in my case.

Do I think it was originally a scam? No, not a scam, but I knew going into it that they might not deliver. What I did not envision was them failing (through non-response) to issue refunds while still trying to take new deposits.

I would strongly urge anyone considering placing a deposit to consider the fact that people asking for their refunds are not able to even get a response.

I wanted to go through them to get a new battery, but they just haven't delivered or even come close to their original time frame for doing so. I had to go through Nissan instead.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”