What SOC should I store my Leaf at?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieran973

I have to leave my 40 kWh parked outside in the NYC-area winter for about 10 days. Temps should be in the 30s and 40s during the day and in the 20s and 30s at night. What SOC should I charge to before leaving the car? I don't want to overcharge it but I also don't want to undercharge it. I'm assuming the Leaf has little to no vampire drain, but I really don't know.

This question has been asked so many times, in so many topics devoted to the question, that I'd like to add this to an existing topic. Suggestions? I've been working on my house for too many hours today, and I'm too tired to track down the best topic(s).

Thanks, Gerry. And sorry, Leftie, I wasn't aware there was a pre-existing topic dedicated to this - feel free to move it wherever.

It's funny: I know that there are a Jillion topics on this, but a quick search didn't yield any of them. This site is a PITA. That's why I'm opening the floor to suggestions.

I know I have answered this question for various locations in numerous threads, but the threads were not dedicated to the question. Maybe we should create a "sticky" thread with basic recommendations and a title that would be easily found with search function.

GerryAZ said:
I know I have answered this question for various locations in numerous threads, but the threads were not dedicated to the question. Maybe we should create a "sticky" thread with basic recommendations and a title that would be easily found with search function.

I'm pretty sure that there are a couple of dedicated topics, but I agree with making one sticky.

Back