Adding heated mirrors: possible?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristis

I was wondering if its possible to add heated mirrors to the Leaf? Is the wiring there if i swap in the mirrors from heated Leaf, or no? My Leaf doesnt have a winter package and living in a Northern Europe does require some heating :D

The side mirrors on out '15 Leaf S are heated, when you turn on the rear defroster. If it is not there, adding it would be tough, unless you can buy the official parts from Nissan.

I think all 2012 and later LEAFs have battery heater, heated seats, heated mirrors, etc. for cold weather use. Some late 2011s also came with cold weather package--my early 2011 did not. I don't think wiring would be there on early 2011s because the first version of the service manual that I have does not show any of the cold weather items or wiring. The later versions include the cold weather information.

The above information is for USA specification LEAFs. It is possible that European specification cars are different.

Gerry

Yea, in Europe we ware able to buy winter package and have bettery/seats/mirrors heated :) Since mine is from Italy - it doesnt have this pack.

I'm thinkin to buy ones from ebay and just swap them, but not so sure if wiring is there....

P.S. I was quite surprised to find a modern car without heated side mirrors, the last car i had without that was 1965 911 :D

If your car does not have the battery heater, be careful about leaving it parked outside for extended time in extremely cold weather. I suspect it will be OK as long as it is driven and charged every day and temperatures don't get too cold.

Did you ever get around to adding the heated mirrors?
I bought a 2017 30kWh from France that did not have the heated mirrors and would like to retrofit. Don't know much about car mechanics so don't know if the heated mirrors are plug-and-play or need extra wiring.

Back