The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picking up my 2022 SV with Technology Package on Saturday, it arrived today from the factory. MSRP $31,735 + ADM $1,090 + $1,400 dealer stuff + tax/license. They wouldn't budge one cent - this is one of very few ones in FL, so demand is high. I wanted a non-plus since it will be driven locally only, but I will have to drive it home 250 miles from the dealership, so that will be my first and only longer trip.

5d4e6e91e2ad2a240d63e433eef0817fdcf2f1be.jpg

3b8094af8fa062d5ec1a414cee4d35f206aaf5aa.jpg

ab784f996611e6b7d7c46926fe6f98761fd22b5b.jpg

I bought my used 2021 Nissan Leaf S Plus last sat. It was 87 miles away charged it to 134 mi and barely made it home with 1% left in the battery. So now I know to have way more charge then the guessometer says.

lllaible said:
I bought my used 2021 Nissan Leaf S Plus last sat. It was 87 miles away charged it to 134 mi and barely made it home with 1% left in the battery. So now I know to have way more charge then the guessometer says.

That "one percent" is good for 20 plus miles.... So its a "Maxwell House" car. Good to the last electron :lol:

For an explanation of the rest of the miles....

https://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2020/06/e-plus-summer-range-test.html

I'd thought about an EV for awhile, just wanted to wait on the technology to kinda catch up a bit. I tend to keep/drive vehicles for a pretty long time, and my wife's Jeep Wrangler (TJ) is almost pushing 200K on it, and while we have a truck and my Miata (which she can't drive), we really wanted to dump the Miata and just get down to one good vehicle we could both drive. I work from home, and she does about half time. We went from getting a used Prius, to a newer one, to a used EV, then jumped to a certified EV, then to a Leaf S+, then ended up with a 2022 SL+.

Found one at a little cheaper price out in west Georgia, so drove out there last Saturday to check it out. Liked the color, and the other items it came with were fine, really didn't matter to us. Got 0% financing, MSRP was $37,109 on it. I installed a L2 charger a few days later but still need to clean out my garage to be able to park it better, as its a bit longer than my Miata (which I'll end up selling).

zTxIhfv.jpg

I just bought my 2018 Nissan Leaf. Has 19k miles. Seems like a lot of good used deals out there on the leaf. This one cost me 22k. It’s the SV non plus model. Beautiful car and I really like the interior on these. High quality vehicle.

Hello,

I put a deposit on a Leaf 11/15/21. I had read about it but purchased it sight unseen. My 2022 Plus SL arrived 12/10/2021. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was nicer and larger than I expected. I've driven in a Gen 1 Leaf and Bolt, both pretty small vehicles. I have driven 580 miles and I love the car.

I paid MSRP ($39070 including $975 dest charges) and will get the $7500 tax credit and $2250 was taken off the price for a state rebate. I traded in a 2017 Rogue SL which I also really liked and was afraid I'd have buyers remorse until I saw the Leaf. I was unhappy with the trade-in value and wish I had gone to CarMax. Otherwise I'm delighted.

I've spent 2 weeks reading a lot of this forum, which is outstanding. You old timers sure are into EVs and the technology and I love that aspect.

Happy Holidays to all!
Bill

Woot!

Just in time for Christmas! I'm on the train right now to go pick up my brand-new 2022 SV Plus. I got a blue one!

So excited, it took almost 2 months to find one. I feel like a kid at Christmas today. 😁

My Blue 2022 SV Plus is "in transit" everything completed 2 days ago except "trading keys". Now for it to get to the dealer. They said it would be in by Jan. 3rd, but given "shipping" these days who knows...

My Japanese import (to Australia) 2015 Leaf arrived on a truck outside my house on Sunday night almost 2 weeks ago.
Being an older model, the range is obviously not super good, but I got it for running kids around town. Most trips are under 10km, so ~100km range is perfect.

I quite like it so far. Seems the girlfriend and her kids like it too, which is good. Major fuel cost reduction from her V8 LandCruiser.

Traded keys for the new Leaf yesterday (the Tracking app was right about it being at the Dealer). about 60 miles from the Dealer to home (normal trips for me will be around 25 miles round trip). Was down from full charge to about 64% when arriving home (used the headlights for about an hour total and the Heater just a little. Indicated Miles/KWH around 4.1. mostly highway, but my main trips will be mostly rural roads with some moderate hills. I did find Pro Pilot quite useful on the Highway, nice to know (as long as the markings are good) that it will keep you in the lane if I got distracted for just a few seconds....."look Squirrel!"

Happy New Year everyone! I picked up my white SL Plus Leaf on Tuesday after trading in a 2021 Titan. I felt the need to downsize and the tax incentive for the year was winding down, so I pulled the trigger. The Leaf will be my daily driver and since I work from home, I don't really need something as massive as the Titan that I had just traded in. I am getting a crash course on life with an EV but I'm slowly getting there. I'm hoping the Leaf will turn out to be a solid economic choice for me as I'm already wanting to get out of apartment life and back into a house. So far I've learned quite a bit and I'm looking forward to sharing my knowledge once my EV-Kung-Fu is as strong as everyone else's.

Picked up my new 2022 Blue SV+ last night.

I traded in my 368 day old 2020 Gray SV for $4250 more than I paid for it (net of tax/state incentives) a year before and paid MSRP for the new car.

Net result - got the color I wanted (gray was all I could get on a New Year's Eve 2020 deal) and the increased battery/range.

I'm delighted. After a year, the only thing that was keeping me from considering my Leaf a car I would drive until the wheels fell off was a bit of winter range anxiety. Now I have plenty of buffer for my longest regular drives in winter and lots more range in summer too.

To be sure the Leaf is 90% of the time an "around town" car for us, but a lot more of our travels just became all electrons instead of piling in to our CR-V.

The trade in value of the 2020 SV (tech/weather pkgs) with 6500 miles on the odometer was crazy. I initially got a sale offer from CarMax for $26,000. The Nissan dealer wouldn't quite match that, but with the deal being a trade-in for purchase instead of a straight sale to CarMax, I ended up saving more money by avoiding the bulk of taxes on the new purchase.

Back