2015 Nissan Leaf SV- reasonable price?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonSwanson

Searching for a car for my retired parents, who never drive more than 20-40 miles per day max, so I thought a used Leaf is a good idea. They already have another vehicle for longer trips, they just want something simple for getting around town. I know the used market is pretty wild right now so just wondering if one I found is a decent deal. It's a 2015 Leaf SV with around 55k miles. It has 11 out of 12 capacity bars and appears to be in decent shape. It does NOT have Quick charge, which isn't a problem for my parents who will charge in a regular outlet in their garage. They are asking $8,000 but I talked them down to $6,750 after I test drove it and told the guy I'd be in touch.

Thoughts on the price for this Leaf?

That sounds reasonable to me. I had just posted about a car with about 30 miles range for $10k, which is ludicrous (espescially since there was another with higher range for $5k on the same site). Definately read up on the used Leaf buying guide
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662&p=538030

solartim said:
That sounds reasonable to me. I had just posted about a car with about 30 miles range for $10k, which is ludicrous (espescially since there was another with higher range for $5k on the same site). Definately read up on the used Leaf buying guide
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=26662&p=538030

Yeah seems some people are crazy on these used Leafs. I've seen a lot of 5-7 bar 2011-2013 leafs in my areas asking like 8-10k. I mean for 3-4k those cars are a good, large go/golf cart pretty much.

This one got sold in the few hours I debated. I've learned my lesson and will keep the search up.

I read somewhere that used leaf prices are up almost 50% since June 2020.

So you have extra know-nothing used car flippers buying them no matter how few bars are left and selling them for top dollar. Someone is getting screwed and I'm betting it's not the car flippers :(

Then you'll have a whole new crop of people thinking if you don't have 55k to plunk down on a new Tesla, then EV's typically stink.

That was fast, I am not surprised that you have managed to mark this item as sold after a few hours. It seems like a lot of people are a fan of Nissan Leaf.

[*]
joybnvds22 said:
That was fast, I am not surprised that you have managed to mark this item as sold after a few hours. It seems like a lot of people are a fan of Nissan Leaf.

I was helping them find a leaf, not sell one.

Back