Any gen1 owners handy with a tape measure and like helping a stranger out?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blooot

Hi Leaf owners -- I would love to know 3 of measurement from the rear underbody a Gen1 leaf for a project that I'm scoping.

xEKCYOz

Any help? :)

i made some measurements on a 2012 with a metric/english tape, so mixed units here.

The width of the frame rail was 70mm.

The height of the frame rail above the ground was 15" on one side and 15-1/8" on the other (didn't check tire pressure); the lowest point was at the bottom of the shock, 5-1/2" above ground.

The centerline spacing was 37-3/4" as best i could determine without removing the plastic aero shield.

All my measurements for height and width were made in the vicinity of the shock and spring area with the green circle in the picture.

That trailer hitch seems odd, there are no mounting holes on the side of the frame rails on the right hand side.

i have an un-installed 2" hitch that was on the floor of the back seat of the car when i got it. It's built like a truck hitch for hauling massive loads--it must weigh a 100 lbs and is way overrated for the size of the leaf and its brakes and the loads it could haul. i think the previous owner couldn't lift it out after someone loaded it into the car for her.

NL space -- you rock thank you!!! This is so, so very helpful. I was planning on renting one on Turo and getting it on a lift, but this will keep me going a bit before I have to do that.

The trailer hitch isn't mine -- it was just one of the best reference photos I could find of the Leaf's underside.

Thanks again!

Derek

Back