Juice Box Pro WiFi failure

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendler2112

Does anyone know the fix for an early Juice Box Pro WiFi failure? This unit worked fine for two years, then started to randomly disconnect whereby the app would say "offline", until I reset the router. On the advice from tech support I purchased a new stand alone router but the issue continued. Both the internal router/ modem and the new router had the same result. The unit would still charge at a high rate when I plugged it in so I just used it like that for a couple months. The factory support representative recommended a WiFi booster which I installed the other day but now the local WiFi from the EVSE won't even broadcast to my laptop or my phone in order to initiate the setup of the new booster. And while attempting this it seems to have gone back to a time of use program instead of "charge now" so I can't use it at all. I see many hits on google about this charge unit having WiFi dropouts but no one has posted a common repair. Anyone else ever resolve this issue with their Juice Box Pro?

You might just have a neighbor who's Wifi network is using the same channel. I would try using a different channel to see if that helps. You can also install a Wifi analyzer app on your cell phone, to check the signal strength in your garage and to see what channels your neighbors are using. 802.11b/g is.much more problematic than newer standards.

I don't know if your Juice Box Pro has a 5Ghz radio in it, but if so I would setup a Wifi network on that frequency instead.

Finally, turn on the hotspot on your cell phone while near the Juice Box Pro and connect to that Wifi SSID for comparison sake.

The Juice Box WiFi is no longer transmitting even directly to my phone or laptop to enable setup which is supposed to trigger upon unplugging and plugging the ac supply.

Back