THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS LEVEL 3 CHARGING

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 2:39 he shows an EVSE and says "when you plug your car into a charger". :shock:
A little while afterwards he goes into the OBC. But I stopped watching. He drones too much to want to listen more.

jlv said:
At 2:39 he shows an EVSE and says "when you plug your car into a charger". :shock:
A little while afterwards he goes into the OBC. But I stopped watching. He drones too much to want to listen more.

At 15:58 he does talk about the definition of an EVSE. I added a comment pointing out that they aren't called chargers, and his response was, "Thank you, you are correct. An AC charge coupler is connected to the vehicle and then the on-board charger charges the battery." I wish he would correct his video though.

He also made another mistake, which someone else pointed out, that the EVSE tells the OBC how much current it can draw. He said it was the other way around and the EVSE limits the current. It is DC Chargers that work that way (the vehicle tells the DC charger how much current it can handle).

I would say he isn't an expert but someone who does his own research and shares what he has learned. Dangerous when you get your facts mixed up.

Back