EVGo No Charge to Charge Program Ending 2019.07.07

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdcbomb

https://www.evgo.com/special-offers/nissan-no-charge-charge/

Wondering if Nissan will try to extend this or they realize it's costing too much also.

Was always hoping Nissan could eventually include Electrify America as part of NCTC...

jdcbomb said:
Wondering if Nissan will try to extend this or they realize it's costing too much also.
Not useful, in a larger sense. DCQCs are expensive, and people that get to use them for free do things like charge from 80% to 99%, taking 40 minutes. While other cars are waiting for a 15 minute charge.

jdcbomb said:
Was always hoping Nissan could eventually include Electrify America as part of NCTC...

Not a chance. EA is VW. VW wants Nissan not to compete for electric cars.

I am wondering if Nissan was paying EVGo or EVGo was doing it as low cost marketing?

WetEV said:
jdcbomb said:
Not a chance. EA is VW. VW wants Nissan not to compete for electric cars.
EA has made deals with other EV manufacturers to lower tariffs for those EVs. I imagine that Nissan could subsidize EA charging for LEAF owners although it seems really unlikely to me unless Nissan changes course and decides it wants to really compete for EV marketshare in the USA rather than be another token compliance player. And rely on the EA network with ONE cable per location :roll:

I bought a 2019 Leaf but haven't activated the EVGo NCTC yet because I still have over a year left on my 2018 free charging card. Do you think I can activate/register the new card after July 7, 2019 program end date?

umdkevin said:
I bought a 2019 Leaf but haven't activated the EVGo NCTC yet because I still have over a year left on my 2018 free charging card. Do you think I can activate/register the new card after July 7, 2019 program end date?

My guess would be no.

I emailed them to find out, here's the reply:

Hello Kevin,

You will still be able to enroll your vehicle. However no enrollment will go beyond 7/7/2019. this means that any enrollment after will be less than the full 2 years.

Back