omkar wrote:I am also definitely interested in this!
Is this correct?
- L1 EVSE that comes with US LEAF: 120v x 12a = 1440 watts
- AeroVironment's L2 EVSE unit: 240v x 16a = 3840 watts
- Phil's Modified EVSE: 240v x 12a = 2880 watts
- Current (2011) US LEAF max charing rate = 3300 watts
1. What is the cost (for the modification, the optional adapters, and the shipping each way)?
2. How long does each modification take?
3. Would it be possible to have the modifications done in SoCal one weekend if there were enough people from the area who were interested? (ie Drop off our units in the morning, pick them up in the evening or drop off on Saturday, pick up on Sunday)
4. Does the mod include the ability to run the unit at 16a? Is that a separate mod? What about at other currents such as 32a (if say future LEAFs have the ability to charge faster than 3.3kW)? How much?
5. What are the implications for those who are leasing? At the end of the lease, will returning the vehicle with an "improved EVSE" present any issues?
1. TBD likely next week
2. usually a 1 day turn around form N. CA.
3. Not likely at this time but a care swap will be considered if there is enough demand
4. Not at the moment but is under consideration, yes this requires a separate mod.
5. I can't answer this one at the moment