GRA
Posts: 13008
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Electrify America Network

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:08 pm

Old Mission Drive Merkantile (Solvang, CA) at 1980 Old Mission Drive , Solvang, CA 93463 is now live.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

DarthPuppy
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:45 pm
Delivery Date: 11 Aug 2013

Re: Electrify America Network

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:06 pm

I finally made it to an EA station in my new ID.4 to get some free electrons. It worked great! Just wish they had a lot more of these stations in So. Cal.

This was at the Walmart parking lot in Downey. Plugged in and got the app to start charging. Then walked across the street to a restaurant for dinner. By the time I was done and back to the car, it had gotten 36kwh which added about 140 miles to the GOM taking it to 91% charge. I got a text when it reached 80%, but I was still eating at that point. After unplugging, I got another text summarizing the session. Max rate was 146kw and total time was 33min. So I guess I averaged 65kw over the session. I'm happy with that.
'13 Leaf SL
'18 Honda Clarity Touring PHEV

SageBrush
Forum Supporter
Posts: 6379
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: NM

Re: Electrify America Network

Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:08 pm

If you eat every time you charge you are going to be one fat puppy
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought Jan 2017 from N. California
Two years in Colorado, now in NM
03/18: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/18: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
09/20: 54.3 Ahr; 38k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

GRA
Posts: 13008
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Electrify America Network

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:37 pm

At the end of June there were 635/125 sites Open/Coming soon, compared to 612/125 at the end of May, a gain of 23 open sites.

Here's the list of road trip coverage expansion or gap filler "Coming soon" sites in the west I've been or will be monitoring, and consider most important for completion:

WA: Aberdeen (U.S. 101)*; Leavenworth (U.S. 2)*; Poulsbo (S.R. 3/305/307).

CA: Santa Maria, Goleta, Ventura (U.S. 101); Yuba City (S.R. 99/20) & Chico (S.R. 99/32); Auburn (I-80/S.R. 49); Placerville (U.S. 50)*; Oceanside (I-5); Buck Meadows (S.R. 120)*; Merced (S.R. 99/140); Fenner (I-40).

NV: Lovelock (I-80).
Last edited by GRA on Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

danrjones
Posts: 1077
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am
Delivery Date: 17 Jun 2019
Location: Ridgecrest, CA

Re: Electrify America Network

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:31 am

GRA wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:37 pm
At the end of June there were 635/125 sites Open/Coming soon, compared to 612/125 at the end of May, a gain of 23 open sites.

Here's the list of road trip coverage expansion or gap filler "Coming soon" sites in the west I've been or will be monitoring, and consider most important for completion:

WA: Aberdeen (U.S. 101); Leavenworth (U.S. 2); Poulsbo (S.R. 3/305/307).

CA: Santa Maria, Goleta, Ventura (U.S. 101); Yuba City (S.R. 99/20) & Chico (S.R. 99/32); Auburn (I-80/S.R. 49); Placerville (U.S. 50); Oceanside (I-5); Buck Meadows (S.R. 120); Merced (S.R. 99/140); Fenner (I-40).

NV: Lovelock (I-80).
That's a good list - are those already on the EA coming soon list, or those are desired sites?
Looks like those are already in the works, as I recognize Fenner. Fenner on I-40 has been taking forever to go live.

I'd also like to see more on I-40, such as LudLow and then Seligman in AZ. To say nothing of redudancy. Kingman needs more, I always eat lunch there too, so mutiple options so I could eat and charge in the future.

And on US-395 I'd add stations in Lone Pine & Mammoth (more is better, Olancha, Big Pine, Independence, etc).
Plus Lake Isabella / Kernville area on CA-178.
And why not... Kramer Junction on CA-58&US395 junction.

:D

EDIT: And yes, I have made those suggestions to EA.
2018 Leaf SV Pearl White with Tech and All Weather, Purchased New on 5/3/19

GRA
Posts: 13008
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Location: East side of San Francisco Bay

Re: Electrify America Network

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:45 pm

danrjones wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:31 am
GRA wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:37 pm
At the end of June there were 635/125 sites Open/Coming soon, compared to 612/125 at the end of May, a gain of 23 open sites.

Here's the list of road trip coverage expansion or gap filler "Coming soon" sites in the west I've been or will be monitoring, and consider most important for completion:

WA: Aberdeen (U.S. 101); Leavenworth (U.S. 2); Poulsbo (S.R. 3/305/307).

CA: Santa Maria, Goleta, Ventura (U.S. 101); Yuba City (S.R. 99/20) & Chico (S.R. 99/32); Auburn (I-80/S.R. 49); Placerville (U.S. 50); Oceanside (I-5); Buck Meadows (S.R. 120); Merced (S.R. 99/140); Fenner (I-40).

NV: Lovelock (I-80).
That's a good list - are those already on the EA coming soon list, or those are desired sites?
Looks like those are already in the works, as I recognize Fenner. Fenner on I-40 has been taking forever to go live.

I'd also like to see more on I-40, such as LudLow and then Seligman in AZ. To say nothing of redudancy. Kingman needs more, I always eat lunch there too, so mutiple options so I could eat and charge in the future.

And on US-395 I'd add stations in Lone Pine & Mammoth (more is better, Olancha, Big Pine, Independence, etc).
Plus Lake Isabella / Kernville area on CA-178.
And why not... Kramer Junction on CA-58&US395 junction.

:D

EDIT: And yes, I have made those suggestions to EA.
Those are all Coming Soon. Like you, I want to see greater EA redundancy/density on I-40 and 80, plus the off-interstate routes we have a particular interest in. Got to have somewhere to charge those 800V packs :D

I'd add sites in Wells, NV and somewhere between W. wendover and SLC, as a single failure to charge in between the existing sites leaves you stranded or creeping along, and more or less requires you to stop and charge at every exisiting site to maintain a reserve to bypass the enxt one if necessary.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

cwerdna
Posts: 12120
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Electrify America Network

Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:01 pm

Per https://twitter.com/LyftGyft/status/141 ... 60036?s=20, looks like EA will be offering free juice this weekend.

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium (former)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium (lease over)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

User avatar
paulgipe
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:23 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Oct 2014
Leaf Number: 311200
Location: Bakersfield, CA 93305
Contact: Website

Re: Electrify America Network

Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:49 pm

They are.

I was out to the EA station here for a video shoot and sure enough, plug in and it starts charging. Should work that easy all the time. ;)

Paul
Bakersfield, California
2017 Bolt LT with DCFC, leased 11/09/17
2015 Nissan S with QC, leased, returned
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, used 10/3/16, sold
http://www.wind-works.org

WetEV
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014
Location: Near Seattle, WA

Re: Electrify America Network

Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:37 am

Walmart 2037 (Aberdeen, WA)
909 E Wishkah St
Aberdeen, Washington 98520
WetEV
#49
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red
2019 eTron Blue

DaveinOlyWA
Posts: 15678
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:43 pm
Delivery Date: 16 Nov 2019
Leaf Number: 319862
Location: Olympia, WA
Contact: Website

Re: Electrify America Network

Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:06 am

WetEV wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:37 am
Walmart 2037 (Aberdeen, WA)
909 E Wishkah St
Aberdeen, Washington 98520
Very vital location
2011 SL; 44,598 mi, 87% SOH. 2013 S; 44,840 mi, 91% SOH. 2016 S30; 29,413 mi, 99% SOH. 2018 S; 25,185 mi, SOH 92.23%. 2019 S Plus; 19,653 mi, 93.47% SOH
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”