Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The change where EA's chargers show both what's being delivered by the charger and requested by the vehicle (both in kW) seems not universal. I've seen it on their Signet chargers and added to their BTC Power chargers. For sure at the BTC Power site where that was not visible before, it was visible this weekend.

I used EA Signet at another site over 60 miles away and they also had the two figures. I used EA's ABB chargers in Gilroy tonight and they only had the single figure, not two. Interestingly, while there, two Lucid Air test vehicles pulled up and eventually charged. I'll tell more about that in another thread.

WetEV said:
Walmart 2037 (Aberdeen, WA)
909 E Wishkah St
Aberdeen, Washington 98520

Despite the stations advertising the free weekend charging, the stations are still not connected. Both CCS and Chademo plugs provide no power and calls to CS can only confirm the stations are not live.

Volkswagen to sell stake in Electrify America EV charging network
Doing so would inject funds into building out infrastructure further
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/07/06/vw-sell-stake-electrify-america/

DaveinOlyWA said:
WetEV said:
909 E Wishkah St

Despite the stations advertising the free weekend charging, the stations are still not connected. Both CCS and Chademo plugs provide no power and calls to CS can only confirm the stations are not live.

I got a second email saying it was up.

Positive checkin on plugshare.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/325828

WetEV said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
WetEV said:
909 E Wishkah St

I got a second email saying it was up.

Positive checkin on plugshare.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/325828

It is up as of today. And I got my first email on the subject today.

Insight Buck Meadows Lodge (Groveland, CA) at 7649 CA-120, Groveland, CA 95321 is now open.

This is a big deal for me as it's on the direct route to Yosemite, and has redundancy with nearby Chargepoint stations.

They announced a "boost" plan to double their network by 2025. I saw some rough maps but hard to discern the extra locations. See below.

NOW / LATER:

Screen-Shot-2021-07-13-at-8.20.21-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-07-13-at-8.20.34-AM.jpg

danrjones said:
They announced a "boost" plan to double their network by 2025. I saw some rough maps but hard to discern the extra locations. See below.

NOW / LATER:

Screen-Shot-2021-07-13-at-8.20.21-AM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-07-13-at-8.20.34-AM.jpg
Most obvious change is infill for the upper Midwest, which is currently a DCFC desert.

oxothuk said:
danrjones said:

NOW / LATER:
Most obvious change is infill for the upper Midwest, which is currently a DCFC desert.

I typo' d that - I meant hard to discern the "exact" locations. Correct, does look like a lot of fill in including Canada. I can see a few more in our Area of CA too, but hard to say exactly where. One appears to be US-395 in the Lone Pine Area.

It looks to me like both Lone Pine and either Lee Vining or Mammoth Lakes. Plus U.S. 95 in Nevada, and U.S. 97 & 101 In the PNW, completing I-15/25/29/80/90/94 etc. Waddya know, a real national DCFC infrastructure, at least along the interstates and a few selected U.S. Highways.

GRA said:
It looks to me like both Lone Pine and either Lee Vining or Mammoth Lakes. Plus U.S. 95 in Nevada, and U.S. 97 & 101 In the PNW, completing I-15/25/29/80/90/94 etc. Waddya know, a real national DCFC infrastructure, at least along the interstates and a few selected U.S. Highways.

I was able to pick out a few more in our area as well:

US-395 - concur with Lone pine and Mammoth
I-40: Ludlow
I-15: Primm
I-17: Camp Verde or Sedona?
NV: Hawthorne, Tonopah, Beatty
Grand Canyon area: North rim / Tusayan, Cameron, Page, Kenab/Fredonia (just guesses for these)

I'd still really like to see one more on I-40 around Seligman in AZ.

Plus EA's site says this:

Electrify America will invest in five new metro areas:

New metro area investments:
Bakersfield
Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura
Santa Maria-Santa Barbara
Stockton
Visalia
Expansion of existing metro area investments:
Fresno
Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim
Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario
San Diego-Carlsbad
San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward
San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara

danrjones said:
GRA said:

I was able to pick out a few more in our area as well:

US-395 - concur with Lone pine and Mammoth
I-40: Ludlow
I-15: Primm
I-17: Camp Verde or Sedona?
NV: Hawthorne, Tonopah, Beatty
Grand Canyon area: North rim / Tusayan, Cameron, Page, Kenab/Fredonia (just guesses for these)

I'd still really like to see one more on I-40 around Seligman in AZ.

[Snip]

Concur on the above sites, although I assume you meant "South" rim/Tusayan rather than "North". I would like one in Jacob Lake, but it looks more like Kenab/Fredonia to me too. Looks to me like there are also sites in Moab, Monticello and either Bluff or Blanding as well, These last and the U.S. 95 towns already have DCFCs in them, mainly CP IIRR, but they're often singles and limited power. Looks like U.S. 40, 160 and 550 in Utah &Colorado are also getting some. All of these have or are getting CP FCs.

Syracuse, NY is open for business, although it has been slow to show up on their app. I was able to use the station successfully with a credit card.

Binghamton, NY sits without a transformer, hopefully that will be live by fall. That will complete the Syracuse -> Philadelphia corridor they identified for phase II, since Allentown, PA is also live.

Colchester, VT is an oddball. I got an alert that it was open a month or so ago. I was in the area last weekend, and they hadn't even broken ground for construction yet! Lebanon, NH is installed but not powered up yet. Both of these are needed for the Boston -> Montreal corridor for phase II. I'd put this corridor at risk due to the state of affairs in Colchester, VT.

Had a good charging experience at their Camarillo Outlet Mall station. Very conveniently located by several food options and shopping.

Back