Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EA in Colchester (Burlington) VT is now open. This is important for the Boston-Montreal corridor, although EVgo already has coverage in the Burlington area. EA really needs to open their station in West Lebanon, NH to complete the corridor.

Thanks to a hint via Plugshare activity feed about a complimentary session, I ventured out and it's free. The DC FCs and J1772 are showing complimentary session on them. Been DC FCing my Bolt.

If it doesn't say complimentary session on the LCD, it probably won't be free.

I called them to report a station prob (broken tang on one and other handle that didn't work). They mentioned something about a provider having a global outage or something which is why (some?) stations are set to free.

There are a couple of new "Coming Soon" western road trip sites which I'm adding to the list I'm monitoring, in Goleta and Ventura, both on U.S. 101. Ventura is less critical infill given the existing Camarillo site, but I've never understood why EA didn't have a site in the Santa Barbara area, as it's an obvious destination from the L.A. area, and the run from the site in Pismo Beach to Camarillo was a bit long at 123 miles (although the "Coming Soon" sites in Santa Maria and Solvang would solve that). "Soon" they will.

Walmart 2075 (Bend, OR) at 20120 SW Pinebrook Blvd, Bend, OR 97702 is now live.

This is much needed for people heading to/from Mt. Bachelor from the Eugene area. They need a couple more on U.S. 97 to make travel along it viable - say, K-Falls, Madras and maybe Biggs in Oregon. One in Beaver Marsh or thereabouts would serve as a NE gateway to Crater Lake.

At the end of May there were 612 sites open/125 "Coming soon", compared to 600/132 at the end of April, a gain of 12 open sites.

Here's the list of road trip coverage expansion or gap filler "Coming soon" sites in the west I've been or will be monitoring, and consider most important for completion:

WA: *Port Angeles and Aberdeen (U.S. 101); Leavenworth (U.S. 2); Poulsbo (S.R. 3/305/307).

Oregon: Bend (U.S. 97); Warrenton (U.S. 101)* (now open)

CA: Greenfield, Santa Maria & *Solvang (U.S. 101); Yuba City (S.R. 99/20) & Chico (S.R. 99/32); Auburn (I-80/S.R. 49); Placerville (U.S. 50); Lost Hills* (now open) & Oceanside (I-5); Buck Meadows (S.R. 120); Merced (S.R. 99/140); Fenner (I-40).

NV: Lovelock (I-80).

WetEV said:
Walmart 2196 (Port Angeles, WA)
3411 E KOLONELS WAY
Port Angeles, Washington 98362

I know some that have received notices this is live but its not on EA's site or PS and normally EA announces on PS when the station is live so guessing its free charging for a day or two so don't delay! These things only last 1 to 2 days at the most.

Also, Raju Countryside Market (Lost Hills, CA) at 21959 CA-46, Lost Hills, CA 93249 is now live.

This completes EA's sites on I-5 in the San Joaquin Valley, although they could use another infill in Kettleman City for spacing.

Now that Port Angeles is open, besides Aberdeen they need at least one and preferably two more in between the two. If one, Kalaloch or Queets is closest to midway; if two, Sappho and Amanda Park strike me as best.

I finally made it to an EA station in my new ID.4 to get some free electrons. It worked great! Just wish they had a lot more of these stations in So. Cal.

This was at the Walmart parking lot in Downey. Plugged in and got the app to start charging. Then walked across the street to a restaurant for dinner. By the time I was done and back to the car, it had gotten 36kwh which added about 140 miles to the GOM taking it to 91% charge. I got a text when it reached 80%, but I was still eating at that point. After unplugging, I got another text summarizing the session. Max rate was 146kw and total time was 33min. So I guess I averaged 65kw over the session. I'm happy with that.

At the end of June there were 635/125 sites Open/Coming soon, compared to 612/125 at the end of May, a gain of 23 open sites.

Here's the list of road trip coverage expansion or gap filler "Coming soon" sites in the west I've been or will be monitoring, and consider most important for completion:

WA: Aberdeen (U.S. 101)*; Leavenworth (U.S. 2)*; Poulsbo (S.R. 3/305/307).

CA: Santa Maria, Goleta, Ventura (U.S. 101); Yuba City (S.R. 99/20) & Chico (S.R. 99/32); Auburn (I-80/S.R. 49); Placerville (U.S. 50)*; Oceanside (I-5); Buck Meadows (S.R. 120)*; Merced (S.R. 99/140); Fenner (I-40).

GRA said:
At the end of June there were 635/125 sites Open/Coming soon, compared to 612/125 at the end of May, a gain of 23 open sites.

WA: Aberdeen (U.S. 101); Leavenworth (U.S. 2); Poulsbo (S.R. 3/305/307).

CA: Santa Maria, Goleta, Ventura (U.S. 101); Yuba City (S.R. 99/20) & Chico (S.R. 99/32); Auburn (I-80/S.R. 49); Placerville (U.S. 50); Oceanside (I-5); Buck Meadows (S.R. 120); Merced (S.R. 99/140); Fenner (I-40).

That's a good list - are those already on the EA coming soon list, or those are desired sites?
Looks like those are already in the works, as I recognize Fenner. Fenner on I-40 has been taking forever to go live.

I'd also like to see more on I-40, such as LudLow and then Seligman in AZ. To say nothing of redudancy. Kingman needs more, I always eat lunch there too, so mutiple options so I could eat and charge in the future.

And on US-395 I'd add stations in Lone Pine & Mammoth (more is better, Olancha, Big Pine, Independence, etc).
Plus Lake Isabella / Kernville area on CA-178.
And why not... Kramer Junction on CA-58&US395 junction.

:D

EDIT: And yes, I have made those suggestions to EA.

danrjones said:
GRA said:

WA: Aberdeen (U.S. 101); Leavenworth (U.S. 2); Poulsbo (S.R. 3/305/307).

CA: Santa Maria, Goleta, Ventura (U.S. 101); Yuba City (S.R. 99/20) & Chico (S.R. 99/32); Auburn (I-80/S.R. 49); Placerville (U.S. 50); Oceanside (I-5); Buck Meadows (S.R. 120); Merced (S.R. 99/140); Fenner (I-40).

That's a good list - are those already on the EA coming soon list, or those are desired sites?
Looks like those are already in the works, as I recognize Fenner. Fenner on I-40 has been taking forever to go live.

I'd also like to see more on I-40, such as LudLow and then Seligman in AZ. To say nothing of redudancy. Kingman needs more, I always eat lunch there too, so mutiple options so I could eat and charge in the future.

And on US-395 I'd add stations in Lone Pine & Mammoth (more is better, Olancha, Big Pine, Independence, etc).
Plus Lake Isabella / Kernville area on CA-178.
And why not... Kramer Junction on CA-58&US395 junction.

:D

EDIT: And yes, I have made those suggestions to EA.

Those are all Coming Soon. Like you, I want to see greater EA redundancy/density on I-40 and 80, plus the off-interstate routes we have a particular interest in. Got to have somewhere to charge those 800V packs :D

I'd add sites in Wells, NV and somewhere between W. wendover and SLC, as a single failure to charge in between the existing sites leaves you stranded or creeping along, and more or less requires you to stop and charge at every exisiting site to maintain a reserve to bypass the enxt one if necessary.

Back