Dryer Plug Adapter for Leaf 2020 Plus EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. He was going to install a panel that would split the connection. I can’t remember exactly, but I was confused about it. I’m just going to wait and upgrade the main panel later on because it seems to make more sense to have the car outlet have it’s own breaker.

I’ve been going fine just using 110v so far. I should also add that we kind of have a weird setup. The main power panel is separate from the breaker where you shut off the power to certain things. I don’t know why they did it that way, but it was my grandparents house and it was built in the 70s.

wwhitney said:
rpiotro said:
With all of this discussion about simply upgrading the plug to a 10-50 "RV" plug and installing a 40 or 50 amp breaker
NEMA 10 receptacles are ungrounded (no EGC) and should never be used for new circuits, as an EGC is required. The only acceptable use I'm aware of is like for like replacement on existing ungrounded circuits (e.g. dryer or stove). New circuits should be NEMA 6 (240V only) or NEMA 14 (120V/240V).

Cheers, Wayne

My bad, I meant 14-50. My electrician installed it with 8/3 Romex and a 40 amp breaker. All these numbers. :eek:

This one, https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M3H6494

I plug in the EVSE that came with my 2020 Leaf SL+

Back