akohekohe

Re: Hawaii Leafs

Sun May 01, 2011 3:48 pm

About the State $5,000 credit. I was able to talk to Representative Takai (a Leaf owner) about this and he has been looking into it. It seems there are some administrative problems at DBEDT. Rep. Takai told me that to date they have received only about 15 applications for the rebate, some as long ago as November and everyone is still waiting. (I put my EVSE rebate application for $500 in December 17). Anyway, I'm glad Rep. Takai has taken an interest in this and hopefully the checks will be cut sooner rather than later.

akohekohe

Thu May 12, 2011 1:59 pm

From Representative Takai
Update on EV Rebates from the State.

One of the most complicated processes in the State has THREE departments working the electric vehicle rebate program. Anyway, DCCA finally got the money from DAGS for its first request to DBEDT. This was for the initial batch of applications for five chargers. So five checks for $500 are on their way out to those applicants. In other news, DBEDT now has the process worked out so that the turnaround time from when they receive DCCA's Bill for Collection to submitting a request to DAGS is only three days. From then, we wait on DAGS. So far, there have been four batches submitted by DCCA.

akohekohe

Fri May 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Wednesday's Koku Line answers my question about electric vehicle parking and HOVs and sets the record straight.

kingwindwardnissan

Wed May 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Hey guys...just wanted to drop a line to see how everyone is doing. Sorry that I had left King Windward Nissan so abruptly, and I am glad that I am still being referred Leaf customers. How are your leafs doing. I see a white one that works down the road from me from Servco Pre-Owned Center. But he purchased his from New City. Hope all is well.

Marc Nakanishi

akohekohe

Sat May 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Got my $4,500 EV rebate check in the mail today. That plus the $500 check I got earlier for the EVSE brings my total to $5,000. Thank you State of Hawaii.

slickoko

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Has anyone tried getting their own electrician to install the charging dock? I have a very simple installation and didn't like AeroVironment's price so I purchased the charging dock on my own. I went to apply for the online permit and they're asking for a "Materials and Methods Approval Number". This doesn't sound like something an average neighborhood licensed electrcian will know about. Am I wrong? What has everyone else done?

fulabu

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:41 pm

slickoko wrote:What has everyone else done?
Haven't done anything yet, but I'm probably going with this solution (http://www.evseupgrade.com) and skip the electrician all together.

What did AV quote you?

akohekohe

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:51 pm

fulabu wrote:
Haven't done anything yet, but I'm probably going with this solution (http://www.evseupgrade.com) and skip the electrician all together.

What did AV quote you?
I have the AV level 2 charger but I also got the EVSE upgrade. I got one of the early ones that is limited to 12 amps but they now can do 16 amps and will probably upgrade to the 16 amp version but this is not urgent since it is really just a backup. It works fine and I probably would have done that instead of the AV one if it had been available at the time. The AV installation was a little over $2,200 but I was able to get the State of Hawaii Rebate of $500 and a federal tax credit of $1,100 (which is now limited to $1,000). I wouldn't have done it without the tax credit and rebate but I figured $700 net cost wasn't too bad. PM me if you want to try the EVSE upgrade.

LEAFfan
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:06 am

akohekohe wrote:
fulabu wrote:

What did AV quote you?
I have the AV level 2 charger but I also got the EVSE upgrade. I got one of the early ones that is limited to 12 amps but they now can do 16 amps and will probably upgrade to the 16 amp version but this is not urgent since it is really just a backup. It works fine and I probably would have done that instead of the AV one if it had been available at the time. The AV installation was a little over $2,200 but I was able to get the State of Hawaii Rebate of $500 and a federal tax credit of $1,100 (which is now limited to $1,000). I wouldn't have done it without the tax credit and rebate but I figured $700 net cost wasn't too bad. PM me if you want to try the EVSE upgrade.
That sounds great!
Last edited by LEAFfan on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

kingwindwardnissan

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:47 am

akohekohe is truly one of the nicest, straight up guys I have had the pleasure to deal with, even with all the hangups of the first delivery and all. Hope all is well my friend.

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”