ERG4ALL
Delivery Date: 10 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000404

Re: Phoenix metro-area

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:41 am

Trudy Varen of Avondale Nissan is who we've dealt with and was very knowledgeable. I stopped by Pinnacle Nissan (Bell Road) to see if they had any 2014's. The typical tackle-you-as-your-getting-out-of-your car sales guy was there. Long story short he had no idea what a LEAF was, much less if they had any in the showroom or in stock. I left in a hurry.
Reserved 4/20/10, Ocean Blue Ordered SL 9/30/10, ESVE Installed 11/22/10, Delivered March 8th, 2011.

GRA

Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:31 am

mark1313 wrote:I see where the company the bought all the rights to manage the Ecotality chargers are having their own money problems ......They just issued a secondary that was bought by a private company .......They are still losing millions of dollars each year .....They own a lot of chargers in the Florida area ............
Here's an article from last November, suggesting who might be interested in buying them out, and why:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1859281 ... cquisition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here's one from yesterday, reporting a small stock jump:

http://www.hotstocked.com/article/73882 ... kes-a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even so, those financials look dreadful.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

mark1313
Delivery Date: 20 May 2011
Leaf Number: 001024

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 pm

GRA wrote:
mark1313 wrote:I see where the company the bought all the rights to manage the Ecotality chargers are having their own money problems ......They just issued a secondary that was bought by a private company .......They are still losing millions of dollars each year .....They own a lot of chargers in the Florida area ............
Here's an article from last November, suggesting who might be interested in buying them out, and why:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1859281 ... cquisition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here's one from yesterday, reporting a small stock jump:

http://www.hotstocked.com/article/73882 ... kes-a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even so, those financials look dreadful.
I was the last one to reply to that Seeking Alpha article ...... I never did get a answer ..........I do not think a lot of people realized that all those Ecotality chargers belonged to the government and Ecotality was just badly managing them ......

phxsmiley
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 29 Aug 2011
Leaf Number: 7837

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:49 pm

I charged successfully on 1/7 at PADT, using the DC charger, and it worked OK for me.

Also, several of our Nissan dealers now have DC quick chargers. I used the one at Power Nissan at Gilbert Rd/202. It is in the parking lot, with the other chargers. Only one there, and it's sometimes blocked. They show up on Plugshare.

Although it is a DC charger, it's definitely not as high a current as the Blink version. I only charged for about 10 minutes to try it out, but at around 1/2 charge, it was telling me that it would take about 50 minutes to get to full. It has a small LCD display that shows current current output and estimated time to completion.

Free, and they said I could use it anytime. I'm not sure, though if that lot would be open late hours. There were several other Leafs parked there from their inventory.
Glacier Pearl SL-e, Delivered Aug 26th, 2011
Current Miles: 94,000 Miles (Aug 31st, 2017); Capacity Bars: 12/12;
EV Project; EVSE Upgrade Rev2

westcoastpirate
Delivery Date: 10 Feb 2014

Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:56 pm

As of yesterday evening, I'm a new Leaf leasee in the Phoenix area. Has anyone used he quickcharge at Autonation Nissan in Tempe? I leased my 2013 Leaf from Larry Miller Nissan in Mesa because that was by far the best lease offer I received from the local dealers, but they are not the closest to my home.

Also, and I'm sure this will get a hearty laugh, is there anyone willing to trade their 240v upgraded cord for the standard 120v trickle charge cord that comes with the car along with some monetary compensation?

myleaf
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 26 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 000471

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:05 pm

westcoastpirate wrote:As of yesterday evening, I'm a new Leaf leasee in the Phoenix area. Has anyone used he quickcharge at Autonation Nissan in Tempe? I leased my 2013 Leaf from Larry Miller Nissan in Mesa because that was by far the best lease offer I received from the local dealers, but they are not the closest to my home.

Also, and I'm sure this will get a hearty laugh, is there anyone willing to trade their 240v upgraded cord for the standard 120v trickle charge cord that comes with the car along with some monetary compensation?
They have two L2 chargers. When I was there for service I saw two new unsold Leafs parked in front the chargers - not charging.

I think they are "free"
Leaf Number 471 2/2011
5/2017 69,900 miles
"Never met an electron I did not like"

LEAFfan
Delivery Date: 08 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 1855

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:09 pm

myleaf wrote:
westcoastpirate wrote:As of yesterday evening, I'm a new Leaf leasee in the Phoenix area. Has anyone used he quickcharge at Autonation Nissan in Tempe? I leased my 2013 Leaf from Larry Miller Nissan in Mesa because that was by far the best lease offer I received from the local dealers, but they are not the closest to my home.

They have two L2 chargers. When I was there for service I saw two new unsold Leafs parked in front the chargers - not charging.

I think they are "free"
Yes, they are L2s, not QCs and they are free. I don't know where the "several" Nissan QCs are (besides Big Two in Gilbert), but I'm pretty sure Power Nissan in Tempe only has two L2s.
2013 LEAF SV Del. 2/28/13
2013 LEAF World Record for Most Miles Driven On One Charge-188 miles/8.8 m/kW h
4.8 kW DC PV ($ .91/W fully installed)/ Dec., 2010

JeremyW
Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 19136

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:31 am

Anyone interested in buying a commercial chargepoint station? There's one up on eBay for $495 :shock: It's one of the older units with the outlet under the metal door along with a J1772 in a locking holster. It also looks like an additional home chargepoint unit (CS220?) is included. Local pickup only though in Phoenix. Would be interested in getting it if it was closer OR if someone wants to help me ship it (want a free home evse?)...

Here's the listing on eBay
Former 2012 SL leasee 6/23/12 - 9/23/15
Former Fit EV leasee.
Now driving Spark EV and Model 3.

Volusiano
Delivery Date: 03 Jun 2011

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:22 pm

JeremyW wrote:Anyone interested in buying a commercial chargepoint station? There's one up on eBay for $495 :shock: It's one of the older units with the outlet under the metal door along with a J1772 in a locking holster. It also looks like an additional home chargepoint unit (CS220?) is included. Local pickup only though in Phoenix. Would be interested in getting it if it was closer OR if someone wants to help me ship it (want a free home evse?)...

Here's the listing on eBay
Looks like there's a $125 closing cost fee to be applied on top. Also, $495 is the starting bid for an auction. There's no telling how far it'll go.

Sheerluckholmes
Delivery Date: 12 Feb 2014
Leaf Number: 416133

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Tempe Auto Nation Nissan now has a QC station in front of their parts dept. The L2 stations are in front of the dealership.

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”