Who in AZ Ordered a Leaf from an AZ Dealer on 8/31?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timaz

They just announced they have stopped taking reservations. Just wanted to see who were the first to order a Leaf from an AZ dealer on 8/31?

They stopped taking RESERATIONS, they are still taking orders (RAQ's) from Reservation Holders

I ordered my 2011 Nissan LEAF on Sept 2 from Rairdon in Seattle, Washington.

It's a Cayenne Red e-Tech Edition. Can't wait for the carrier to show up in Phoenix with all of our Leafs.

Timaz said:
They just announced they have stopped taking reservations. Just wanted to see who made it in Phase I in Arizona?

Yes Tim, that's just RESERVATIONS, not Orders. Remember, people that will or have ordered later may receive their LEAF before someone who has ordered earlier. At least that's what three sources have said. So it makes no difference when someone orders...time will tell. :) You have to have noticed how screwed up the ordering process became and still is.

I believe this topic was directed toward actual AZ. Residents who have ordered a vehicle from an Arizonan dealership. I think these are the folks that may see a vehicle in December! Anyone not ordering by now will have no chance at a delivery in December. They would never be able to build a car without a finalized order within the next two months!

Timaz said:
I believe this topic was directed toward actual AZ. Residents who have ordered a vehicle from an Arizonan dealership.
You believe? You're not sure? But... you created the topic! :-D

What about AZ residents who ordered out of state because their local dealers wouldn't even budge from MSRP and even added additional items on their original quote? ::raising hand::

Just looking for Arizona orders? How many of us out there ordered from an Az dealership on 8/31? I think it's a pretty low number? They will start assigning delivery dates soon. I can't wait!

Timaz said:
I believe this topic was directed toward actual AZ. Residents who have ordered a vehicle from an Arizonan dealership. I think these are the folks that may see a vehicle in December! Anyone not ordering by now will have no chance at a delivery in December. They would never be able to build a car without a finalized order within the next two months!

If you think because you ordered locally, that you will receive your car sooner or in Dec., you are mistaken. It will make no difference where the car is ordered, but what will make a difference is NOT the order date as you assume, but it is the RESERVATION date. If you reserved after me, I will receive my LEAF before you. ;) I received my reservation email at 2:55 MST and ordered within five minutes. How about you?

I sense some hostility. I reserved on 4/20 probably about the same time as you. However, I have ordered my vehicle 3 weeks ago, how about you? They can't deliver a vehicle to you without a build order. I do think geographic data will be used as well to determine the first roll out. They will split up shipments between the first five roll out states. I think Cslifornia will receive a larger allotment. I have been trying to determine how many Arizona orders went through in 8/31. No offense to anyone that went out of state, but I think you will be part if a different allotment so not really interested in this details. Peace.

Timaz said:
I sense some hostility.
Unfortunately in internet forums it is very easy to ready whatever it is you want to read. I can certainly say no hostility here, but can't speak for others - I would expect the same though. I certainly wouldn't hold it against any AZ resident who chose to order from an AZ dealer - I originally wanted to do the same thing myself.

There might be a little frustration in that you weren't very clear in your original request. There's absolutely nothing wrong with opening up a thread that said "Hey, how many of you ordered a Leaf, own a dachshund, love petunias, and are expecting to get your Leaf in December?" But you started with an extremely vague "AZ Phase I", and then later stated that you only want to hear from AZ people who ordered from AZ dealers, with assumptions about who will get their cars based on that info. I originally thought this was just a "hey, who in AZ is hoping to get their Leaf? Yay AZ!". But it sounds like you're trying to determine more of when you'll be getting your Leaf, and leaffan is trying to tell you that your assumptions may not be correct, making the questions in this thread moot.

JasonT nailed it.

The Leaf is one of the first cars to be alloted to the buyer and not a specific dealer. We are all in line with our allotment and have chosen where we want the car to be delivered based on who would give us a price we could agree upon. We were chosen based on where we live (address used when we made a reservation) and when we put in our reservation; not based upon a specific dealer.

Due to this post being confusing I ask that the moderators either lock, delete, or change this post so that is has a title more appropriate to the discussion desired.

No problem everyone, I made the thread more specific. I understand everyone has their own ideas as to the criteria that will be used for first deliveries. I believe they will use our order date and time and location to determine the December deliveries. I know most of you believe its reservation date and time. I am just trying to find fellow Arizonans like myself that ordered locally on 8/31? Anyone out there?

Timaz said:
No problem everyone, I made the thread more specific. I understand everyone has their own ideas as to the criteria that will be used for first deliveries. I believe they will use our order date and time and location to determine the December deliveries. I know most of you believe its reservation date and time. I am just trying to find fellow Arizonans like myself that ordered locally on 8/31? Anyone out there?

Tim, it isn't our own ideas, it's Nissan, ECOtality, and the dealers. They all have said delivery date is done by reservation date/time/market, not order date. You can believe what you want, but I'm going with the three authoritarian sources, so I hope you're not disappointed if you don't receive your LEAF as early as you expect.

I am definitely optimistic! Time will tell I guess. In either scenario, I should be sitting pretty. I reserved within minutes of the email on 4/20 and my order was sent to Nissan pretty early in 8/31. I have an extremely simple sale as well so crossing my fingers. I do feel for your situation as you have not even been able to rfq yet? However, I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised when your vehicle arrives in December if your logic holds true!

Timaz said:
I am definitely optimistic! Time will tell I guess. In either scenario, I should be sitting pretty. I reserved within minutes of the email on 4/20 and my order was sent to Nissan pretty early in 8/31. I have an extremely simple sale as well so crossing my fingers. I do feel for your situation as you have not even been able to rfq yet? However, I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised when your vehicle arrives in December if your logic holds true!

There is a post on another thread that makes this moot. He has 'inside' information and he said basically that anyone that orders in Aug. OR Sept., will receive their LEAFs in Dec. There are a lot more cars being delivered than what most people realize, and then on top of that, about half that can order, haven't. So everyone will be happy when their cars arrive in Dec. :)

I hope your inside information is right! I know there are no guarantees, but December right before Christmas would be awesome.

leaffan said:
Timaz said:

Tim, it isn't our own ideas, it's Nissan, ECOtality, and the dealers. They all have said delivery date is done by reservation date/time/market, not order date. You can believe what you want, but I'm going with the three authoritarian sources, so I hope you're not disappointed if you don't receive your LEAF as early as you expect.

When did this change? When I asked about this earlier, there were several people who replied that it was based on completion of RFQ and not on the reservation, and their answers were from Nissan, Ecotality and the dealers.

Not that it really matters very much, but does somebody have links to their sources for which one is true?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1141&start=10

See responses after my question was posed.

palmermd said:
When did this change? When I asked about this earlier, there were several people who replied that it was based on completion of RFQ and not on the reservation, and their answers were from Nissan, Ecotality and the dealers.

Not that it really matters very much, but does somebody have links to their sources for which one is true?

Here's a link to Nissan's press release. Check out paragraph four. This is the first public Nissan statement that I have seen that states that deliveries will be based on reservations. It's dated 9/23/2010.

I don't see how they can make this commitment. Person one reserves day one, and does not order, for whatever reason. Person two reserves on day two, and has already ordered. Person one doesn't order until December. I don't see how he gets his car before person two. But that's just my take on it.

Thanks for the link.
Consumers who already have made reservations will continue to have the opportunity to purchase or lease an all-electric Nissan LEAF. Nissan is following its planned order-release timing for existing reservationists. Orders have been prioritized based on market timing and when consumers submitted
their original reservations online and paid their refundable $99 reservation fee

I read that as they are going to send out RFQ in the order that reservations were made.

Planned order release timing for reservationists based on when customer submitted reservation.

It says nothing about what the order for delivery is based upon. My understanding of Timaz's question and mine as well was "what are the criteria for delivery of vehicles".

Just to chime in here. It's been explained to me that delivery is based on build order which is from "Order Accepted" from the RAQ.

Back