Latest email from Boulder Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouldergramp

Xcel energy customers get $7,500 off!
Plus $4,000 colorado state tax credit!
Plus $7,500 federal tax credit!
THAT’S $19,000 OFF ANY NEW 2020 LEAF!
Offer Expires September 30th, 2020

I wish Xcel had put that on their web site.
https://www.xcelenergy.com/programs_and_rebates/residential_programs_and_rebates/electric_vehicles/electric_vehicle_rebates
lists a lower (but very good!) Xcel rebate.

In response to another Boulder Nissan email, I made an appointment for my second anniversary service. It was listed as tire pressure check, lithium battery check, and car wash for $45. I knew the battery check was free but thought heck, I will let them pick up and deliver the car, and get a car wash for $45. My favorite car wash, The Puddle, is still closed. A nice young kid from Boulder Nissan parked his Leaf in my garage this morning and took my Leaf in for service. He just returned my car and it turns out everything was free...no charge because it was warranty service.

I wonder if Boulder Nissan is combining the 'Nissan cash' and the Xcel rebate. I think I saw other dealers advertise $4k from Nissan so that together with the $4k from Xcel would be just over $7.5k. I sure wish I needed a new Leaf.

If Xcel will let you buy out of state and still collect their rebate, that is the way to score the cheapest deal because the other discounts and tax credits are definitely not tied to where the car is bought and dealers in other states are more likely to discount the car.

I lived in Colorado a couple of years ago when I bought my Prius Prime from New York. It worked out so well, I pocketed $3k when I sold the car after a year (or was it two .. I've forgotten)

The Xcel website says the car must be bought from a 'participating dealer'. I have no idea what that means but I'm guessing that Boulder Nissan is combining the Xcel rebate with other Nissan rebates. All the other dealers I've checked in CO front range advertise $4k Nissan Customer cash a 2020 Leaf. So either way, it's about $19k off MSRP if you qualify for the $7500 Fed, live in CO and are an Xcel customer.

I got an email from Valley Nissan in Longmont offering me $10,700 for my 2017 S in trade. That is tempting since that's just over what I paid for it but after taxes, registration, etc I'll still be out a few thousand $ for an upgrade I don't need. I've also never driven a 2018+ Leaf so I have no idea I'd like it as much as my 2017.

I did see a 2013 SL with Bose, etc for $7k. It had a replacement Lizard pack so probably 11 or 12 bars still. If it was a SV with Bose I'd be tempted but I don't want the leather although the cameras on all 4 sides does sound nice.

I got an email from Valley Nissan in Longmont offering me $10,700 for my 2017 S in trade. That is tempting since that's just over what I paid for it but after taxes, registration, etc I'll still be out a few thousand $ for an upgrade I don't need. I've also never driven a 2018+ Leaf so I have no idea I'd like it as much as my 2017.

If you look closely, that email probably reads "up to" $10,700. I get similar paper letters all the time, offering large amounts for my (leased) Leafs.

goldbrick said:

If you like your 2017, you'll love the 2018+, especially with ProPilot. They're faster, offer more range, safer, and look better (IMHO).

If you look closely, you'll realize that any purchase of a new Leaf is a complete rip-off (and terrible financial choice) and you should just buy a used Bolt (for $13-16k) or a new Bolt ($25-30k) instead. The trade-in value of $10.5 is pretty good, but you get screwed by way more than what you estimated -- you still end up with a Leaf.

Signed,
Former customer of Boulder Nissan and former Leaf owner

Xcel energy customers get $8,500 off!
Plus $4,000 colorado state tax credit!
Plus $7,500 federal tax credit!
THAT’S $20,000 OFF ANY NEW 2020 LEAF!

I was wondering what happed to the Xcel credit. Their website listed it but no dealers had it listed. I might have to buy another Leaf although I'd still prefer a cheap 2013-2015 for the wife/kids. Maybe I'll arbitrage a new 2020 SV+ and use the proceeds to buy an older one. Hmmmm

Back