2015, 60k miles, 10bars, $9k?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fasteddie911

Looking at buying a used 2015 Leaf S. Has 60k miles, 10bars, asking $9k. Good deal? Seems the average price for 2015's around me. What kind of range can I expect? What about degradation over say the next 5 years? If it becomes useless in 5yrs and not resellable, I think I'd want a lower price. My range needs rarely exceed 30mi/day but I'm also not sure if I'm one to feel range anxiety (even if there's a cushion). Appreciate any input.

fasteddie911 said:
Looking at buying a used 2015 Leaf S. Has 60k miles, 10bars, asking $9k. Good deal? Seems the average price for 2015's around me. What kind of range can I expect? What about degradation over say the next 5 years? If it becomes useless in 5yrs and not resellable, I think I'd want a lower price. My range needs rarely exceed 30mi/day but I'm also not sure if I'm one to feel range anxiety (even if there's a cushion). Appreciate any input.

Where are you located? It's helpful to add that info to your MNL user profile, so that people can better assist you...

That price is high for my location (Colorado). I bought my father a 2013 SV with 11 bars for $5k. It wasn't a pristine car and I thought it was a good deal but I'd still say $9k for an 24kWh S is not a great price.

I think you could probably get 50-60 miles of range out of the car for quite a while in good conditions but depending on where you are located, I think you can find a better deal if you're patient. You'll get less range if it's rainy, snowy, cold, etc so keep that in mind too.

goldbrick said:
That price is high for my location (Colorado). I bought my father a 2013 SV with 11 bars for $5k. It wasn't a pristine car and I thought it was a good deal but I'd still say $9k for an 24kWh S is not a great price.
Agreed.

You should consider buying a LEAF in northern California and have it shipped to you, . These are two examples, but there are likely other 2015 S LEAFs in that region, under $10K, which still show 12 capacity bars:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=553089073

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=550184193

The trick is getting a LeafSpy screenshot to see what the SOH and AHr values are. The dealership I purchased my LEAF from was familiar with LeafSpy and had no problem with sending me a screenshot. Worth asking...

I attempted to sell my 2015 sv premium as a private seller last month. The car had 11 bars (1 bar lost) and was sitting at 83.93% according to LEAF Spy...

I listed it as low as $9700 - and had almost no interest in it - This was a low mile super clean car...I sold it to Carvana

Back