April 2020 incentives?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pc500

Does anyone know what the April 2020 incentives are on 2019 and 2020 models, both publicly and to the dealers?

Have they changed at all to give me a better negotiating position?

In my case, last Fall, the dealer knew all of this stuff and was anxious to let me know all of the available incentives. The bargaining began AFTER all of the incentives had been applied. And, the Federal tax credit applies only to your tax liability in the year you purchase the car and you will only receive the full credit if you actually owe the $7500. So call the dealer and ask them what applies..... and once you have seen their offer you can begin the fun!

Looks like Nissan is having a fire sale on the Leafs now. $3000-$5000 rebate depending on your state. There may be additional rebates too.

I really don't need the additional hassle and even minor additional expense now, but I likely will look into this. A 2020 SV+ with Around View and a 205 mile range for what I'm paying now would be hard to pass up.

OrientExpress said:
I’m thinking the same, but the deals will be even better in the 3rd-4th quarter.

I agree, just posting for anyone looking to buy a Leaf at the moment. I guess it's a viral sale now. That's going to be the new term now.

I prefer the dealer to lower the price, ut they not budging but it seem they living off the rebate.

If I purchase a leaf from out of state, I noticed that the NER (northeest region) has a $5,000 rebate while my region only has a $2,500 rebate.

Nissan Customer Cash - LEAF NER/MAR $5000

Will I get this rebate if I pick up the vehicle in person in a North-east region states dealer? Or will they deduct and change it to my state of residence?

I got quotes under $20,000 for a brand new 2019 SV+ at a dealership in Colorado Springs once all taxes, fees, and state/federal credits are included. Provided it's financed through NMAC and a few months of payments are made, NMAC reduces the price by the $4k CO credit without needing you to do anything.

I'd definitely have taken the deal if I was in the market for a new car.

CO has aggressive local incentives; but I'd be curious on the breakdown. Can you buy it and sell it to me for 22k in 3 months? :)

pc500 said:
CO has aggressive local incentives; but I'd be curious on the breakdown. Can you buy it and sell it to me for 22k in 3 months? :)

I think you could buy it from out of state right now. Speaking roughly, there's $4k CO credit, $7.5k federal credit, $3k Nissan instant rebate, and maybe $1.5k from Nissan for loyalty to the brand and the student/veteran/etc discount. There was obviously a bit of fudging going on. So, on a $35.5k MSRP car, the "out the door" price is $27.5k and you claim the federal credit yourself on your 2020 return.

One more depending on your utility, mine is Xcel and they keep renewing it every time I think it expired. Now is a good time to act. Xcel Energy customers and employees can drive the all-electric 2019 Nissan LEAF® with a special manufacture's rebate of $3,500, and $2,500 on the new 2019 LEAF® PLUS model.

And yes they have been offering a bigger rebate on the cheaper smaller batter Leaf than the plus.

LeftieBiker said:
That makes sense, as the 40kwh Leaf, even with charging and degradation issues aside, is more a niche (short to medium range commuter) car.

I'm coming up on one year of owning my 2018 40 kwh. And I was able to snag a sweet deal between incentives and dealer discount. I noticed my current dealer once again has 4 leftovers (2019s this time of course) sitting on the lot. Assuming they are still there in May, I'd expect someone could once again talk them down 10k before any gov incentives or rebates.

I really do wish I could take my leaf on actual trips but I knew it would be an in-town only car. Next one (whatever brand) hopefully can push further out.

danrjones said:
LeftieBiker said:
That makes sense, as the 40kwh Leaf, even with charging and degradation issues aside, is more a niche (short to medium range commuter) car.

I'm coming up on one year of owning my 2018 40 kwh. And I was able to snag a sweet deal between incentives and dealer discount. I noticed my current dealer once again has 4 leftovers (2019s this time of course) sitting on the lot. Assuming they are still there in May, I'd expect someone could once again talk them down 10k before any gov incentives or rebates.

I really do wish I could take my leaf on actual trips but I knew it would be an in-town only car. Next one (whatever brand) hopefully can push further out.

We have a Leaf Plus which we have done some travelling in, you just need to be aware of quick charge locations and make sure each one is near a coffee and sandwich shop, it has been kinda fun actually. More time in bookstores and wandering the downtown sections of small cities than ever before....

dmacarthur said:
danrjones said:
LeftieBiker said:

We have a Leaf Plus which we have done some travelling in, you just need to be aware of quick charge locations and make sure each one is near a coffee and sandwich shop, it has been kinda fun actually. More time in bookstores and wandering the downtown sections of small cities than ever before....

I'm in the 40 kwh model and there are no quick charge locations where I live. I knew that going in, so it was always meant as in town car.
With terrain around me my car seems to max out around 100 miles. Just not road trip capable.

For the next EV I am looking for something with 300++ miles of range and can better deal with the heat. Maybe the Ariya but, not currently the Leaf. I was sad to hear the Bolt is not getting its refresh this year as originally planned. Haven't seen a US version of the 2020 Niro EV yet either. So I wait for someone besides Tesla to hit the 300 mile mark. Maybe VW...

LeftieBiker said:
Most EV rebates are dependent on the location of your legal residence.
I don't think they were specifically asking about EV rebates. I think they were asking about Nissan's regional rebates. I know with Toyota, you don't have to be from that region to get their regional rebate. My region had $0 rebate, while the NE had a $4500 rebate and I was able to get the rebate by buying out of state. I think with Nissan, you have to live in the region to get the regional rebate, right?

Back