2013 Leaf good deal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yzvessel1

Looking at a 2013 Leaf SV w/ 75,000 miles. Dealer is asking $6000 - which seems like a good deal.

Battery capacity has 11 bars - which I am a bit surprised by? Maybe battery had been replaced?

Done have access to LeafSly at dealership, but wondering people thoughts.

I’m in Michigan so weather is terrible, and my commute will be around 50 miles daily. Currently have a Prius AWD-e for longer trips and visit to family out of state.

We are debating an older Prius or a Leaf for commuting around town.

Thanks for the help!

If the BMS wasn't reset to raise the capacity bar count, you can expect a Winter range of from 25 to 50 miles, depending on whether or not the heat pump is the primary heat source. Below 32F, and especially below 25F, you wouldn't have adequate range. Also consider that even if not tampered with, that 11 bar count could be about to drop to 10. Unless you can charge at work, I'd look for a good 30kwh Leaf. Have you read my buying guide? I'll link to it shortly.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 2&p=538030

Yzvessel1 said:
Looking at a 2013 Leaf SV w/ 75,000 miles. Dealer is asking $6000 - which seems like a good deal.
I’m in Michigan so weather is terrible, and my commute will be around 50 miles daily.
50 miles is too long of a commute for the 21kWh battery in the 2013. Unless you have dependable charging at both work and home, I suggest getting something else.

Thanks for all the feedback! I was afraid that I might not make it with this leaf.

There is charging at my office, but standard 120v wall outlet in my parking space which if battery was depleted, would take far to long to charge enough to get my home.

Might have to look into another Prius for the time being. Which is really too bad, since I’d love to go fill EV, but newer leafs, bolts or even plug-in hybrids are just a bit out of budget.

Will keep everyone posted if something changes.

120 volt charging at work could be enough, especially if it's a 20A circuit and you use an aftermarket 16A 120 volt EVSE. You wouldn't enjoy the experience, though...

Back