Input on 2015 Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elarchitect

I’m looking to get some info on a 2015 Leaf S and help interpreting the LeafSpy report. It has less than 11k miles and Certified Pre-Owned designation (although I’m wondering what use this is or how to confirm). There are 12 bars full on the battery health gauge. Another report I was given showed codes B29A0 and B29C1, time is listed as “Past”. They are asking $10,995. I have never owned an EV before, so thanks for helping interpret the information.

ponB1ZBEp

https://imageshack.us/i/ponB1ZBEp

It looks like a good battery, with 87% capacity left. Assuming it wasn't reset to show 12 bars a few months ago and now just happens to read what one would expect, I see no issue with the battery.

Interesting thing about the '15 Leaf. If you get the Nissan Gold Preferred used car warranty with a '15 CPO Leaf, the battery MAY be covered until 2025 for degradation. I say "may" because that hasn't been tested yet - it just appears that it's the case, based on the warranty language. Otherwise the degradation warranty lasts for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Would a reset affect the LeafSpy report? I’m having them charge it up so I can get another test drive in and try to get an estimate of it’s max range.

Elarchitect said:
Would a reset affect the LeafSpy report? I’m having them charge it up so I can get another test drive in and try to get an estimate of it’s max range.

It would, but because it isn't showing unrealistically high numbers I don't think it's likely that it was reset. As I said, a reset would have to have been done just long enough - but not too long - to show stats like those. It's possible but unlikely.

Back