Returning My Leased Leaf, Lost Charging Cable!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalachiConstant

I am returning my 2017 Nissan Leaf tomorrow after my 24-month lease. However, when doing the inspection today, I was told that I'm missing the charging cable in the black bag that it came with. I have no idea where it is- are they going to charge me an arm & a leg for the cable, and would it be cheaper for me to buy one separately and put it in the car?
Thanks!

Yes, and yes

Look for one on Ebay. If you are stuck I'll sell you mine for $200 + shipping

Thanks! What exactly is it? Leaf charging cable? I never even opened it, so I don't even know specifically what type of cable it is. Thanks for the help!

It's the L1 120 volt EVSE: brick w/J1772 handle and NEMA 5-15 plug on the other end.

Be careful about getting one from a different model year. I'm not sure if Nissan changed the part number from '13 to '17 model year. The '11 and '12 definitely had a different L1 EVSE than the '13s.

Thank you! I think this is the one? Really appreciate your help!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-LEAF-EV-ELECTRIC-CAR-CHARGER-MODEL-29690-3NF0E-3NF0A-WITH-CARRYING-BAG-/153426233479?&hash=item23b8ea8887:g:TasAAOSwnh5cVi4q&autorefresh=true

My 2017 Leaf has a model number that is slightly different: 29690 3NF2E. It also has a serial number.

Good luck and hopefully whoever does the inspection won't get into those kinds of details. Worst case, like SageBrush, I'd be willing to sell mine if that helps at all.

Thanks! This one looks to be the same model number- looks right? Really appreciate the help here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REGULAR-CHARGE-Level-1-EVSE-110-120-Volt-Nissan-Leaf-EV-Charger-30Feet/153106151704?epid=1233765515&hash=item23a5d67918:g:vtUAAOSwf9ta9nCb

Fantastic. I pulled up the paperwork and it says:
Portable Trickle Charger Cable (120V EVSE). It is an SV- would that make any difference compared to the S?
Thanks again!

Back