Buy-out discounts?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi everyone,

I hope I posted this into the correct subforum.

The lease of my 2016 Nissan Leaf SV will reach its 3 year manturity in 6 months at the end of July.

At the same time, I already exceeded the allotted milage now in January.

I once read that Nissan is willing to give a discount, if you would like to buy out your car at the end of the lease.

Does Nissan currently still offer something like that? Is that something one could take advantage of, even if one wants to buy the car put 6 months before the end of the lease? Or do you have to wait, until the lease is nearly finished? At that time, could one still benefit from the buyout discount, even if one is 10,000 miles over the allotted mileage?

Thank you in advance, in case there is anyone who is able to answer these questions. :)

Best regards,
Stephan

Leasing companies (and the dealerships that front for them) love customers like you. Your bargaining position is about as bad as it gets.

Imagine a similar story with a few details changed for clarity:
"I just got in a wreck that will cost about $3000 to repair. Will Nissan sell me this car I am currently leasing at a discount ?"

Back