Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that Nissan is offering a $7,500 rebate if we buy before 8/2/2021. I am thinking of buying my first electric car, but I could wait.

I have not been studying the price trends. Do you think or know if they would have similar discounts after 8/2?

From this point on, you may see equal or better discounts at Labor Day, Black Friday week and year's end, but the selection will be small. If you have a model/color/trim level in mind, I'd recommend buying it now. If you aren't picky about the above, then you can wait, but no promises about getting a better or even equal deal.

RNeil said:
I understand that Nissan is offering a $7,500 rebate if we buy before 8/2/2021. I am thinking of buying my first electric car, but I could wait.

I have not been studying the price trends. Do you think or know if they would have similar discounts after 8/2?

Might be worse. Chip shortage is gumming up the works and the ability to replenish dealer inventory will be affected. If they sell too many, they may have to raise prices due to demand exceeding supply.

Leaf inventory is pretty good in my area and some dealers are even offering discounts now going into the year end. Combine this with the current 0% financing that Nissan is offering and you have a chance to score a great deal.

Looking at the bigger picutre, 2022 is gonna be a dramatic year for EVs.
Mach E, ID4, and any Tesla continued to be hard to find going into 2022.
By mid 2022, the BZ4x,Solterra should be out.
The Ionic 5 should be out.
Production of the lower priced ID4 at the Chatanooga plant should be in full swing.
First deliveries of the F150 Lightning will have begun
Mach E production will more than double.
Aryia will be close to deliveries.

IMO, the competition is gonna make shopping for a EV alot easier with much better deals than we are seeing now. Just my 2 cents.

watchdoc said:
Leaf inventory is pretty good in my area and some dealers are even offering discounts now going into the year end. Combine this with the current 0% financing that Nissan is offering and you have a chance to score a great deal.

What is the location? I just managed to get my SL+ here in SoCal and there is a huge inventory crunch. Many dealers are selling with markups (and/or dealer accessory packages)over MSRP. Agree with your thoughts on 2022. It will be interesting to say the least!

watchdoc said:
southeast region, specifically eastern NC and eastern VA. The DC area has historically been very agressive for year end deals.

Lucky! I got mine at MSRP and I was thankful that my dealership was not adding any further markups etc. Further north towards LA it gets worse.

watchdoc said:
I am soooo close to pulling the trigger on a two tone pearl white/black 22 SL+ for $40k OTD with 0% for 72 months on a end of the year deal.

You'll love it! Just in time to put the $7500 in your upcoming tax returns too! They sell fast so hope it all works as you plan.

SageBrush said:
watchdoc said:
I am soooo close to pulling the trigger on a two tone pearl white/black 22 SL+ for $40k OTD with 0% for 72 months on a end of the year deal.
Ouch

Crazy market
Actually, that's a good price in this market. MSRP is about $39,400. Depending on their tax rate, they are probably paying less than MSRP. I heard they're going for over MSRP in California.

SageBrush said:
Triggerhappy007 said:
SageBrush said:
Ouch

Crazy market
Actually, that's a good price in this market. MSRP is about $39,400.
That is my point. Paying anywhere near MSRP for a LEAF is crazy
Like I said, not crazy in this market. Sure, you could have paid $5000 less in 2020, but everything else has gone up too. What's the starting price on a Model 3 SR+? And how long will it take to get it?

SageBrush said:
Triggerhappy007 said:
SageBrush said:
That is my point. Paying anywhere near MSRP for a LEAF is crazy
Like I said, not crazy in this market. Sure, you could have paid $5000 less in 2020,
Try $10k, but who is counting ?
MSRP for the 2022 Leaf isn’t that much different from the discounted price Leafs we’re going for earlier this year.

Tesla: they may be Pricey, but they make up for it by being unavailable any time soon. ;) If someone gave me a new Leaf SV+ and a new Model 3, I'd keep the Leaf to drive and sell the Tesla.

Wish I got the urge to look into the LEAF a year ago. I realize much better deals were to be had back then but here we are. Now jumped on the bandwagon and very happy that I did. Bought at MSRP and with the projected state rebate + tax credit + 0% APR it is still turning out to be a great buy.

OldManCan said:
Wish I got the urge to look into the LEAF a year ago. I realize much better deals were to be had back then but here we are. Now jumped on the bandwagon and very happy that I did. Bought at MSRP and with the projected state rebate + tax credit + 0% APR it is still turning out to be a great buy.

Don’t second guess yourself for not looking last year. You did very well this year buying at current MSRP + tax credit + 0% financing.

I bought a SL+ last year for $38,000 out the door that included 6% sales tax, tag fees etc. Remember that MSRP was way higher last year. My deal was MSRP of $44,500, dealer discount of about $4,000 and $6,500 rebates plus $895 dealer fee and 6% sales tax. I was able to take advantage of the full $7,500 fed tax credit so it cost me about $30,500 net. It replaced my totaled 2019 Leaf SL+ which I collected $32,614, from State Farm, so I got a new car and put $2,114 in my pocket.

Flyct said:
Don’t second guess yourself for not looking last year. You did very well this year buying at current MSRP + tax credit + 0% financing.

I bought a SL+ last year for $38,000 out the door that included 6% sales tax, tag fees etc. Remember that MSRP was way higher last year. My deal was MSRP of $44,500, dealer discount of about $4,000 and $6,500 rebates plus $895 dealer fee and 6% sales tax. I was able to take advantage of the full $7,500 fed tax credit so it cost me about $30,500 net. It replaced my totaled 2019 Leaf SL+ which I collected $32,614, from State Farm, so I got a new car and put $2,114 in my pocket.

Sorry to hear about your totalled LEAF and hope you were not injured in the accident. Glad to hear it all worked out financially in the end for you.

My story is similar. After a totalled Outback (tboned at an intersection) I was down to a F150 as main vehicle running $400 to $500 per month on gas bills. The SL+ down payments getting offset by the tax credit etc and the 0%APR monthly payments are almost about the same as what I was paying the F150 in gas + maintenance... The LEAF if practically free for us.

Back