Lizard Battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: Does a Lizard battery have more Gids? you guys crack me up with your made-up semi-technical terms.

nlspace said:
:lol: Does a Lizard battery have more Gids? you guys crack me up with your made-up semi-technical terms.

After a few years in service it certainly does.

LeafPowerIsIxE said:
My traction battery was replaced by Nissan in Oct of 2017. Is there a way to confirm if a lizard battery was installed?

Lizard packs announced here http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=17168 by Brian Brockman (Director, Internal Communications at Nissan Motor Corporation) on Jun 27, 2014 and were stated to be only in MY2015 or newer cars.

You can be sure that any pack installed in 2017 was that quality or better.

They'll still degrade in heat because they have no active cooling, but they won't degrade as fast as the 2011-2014 packs do.

My notes say that Lizard batteries in the US have part number 3NF9E (last letter D if no cold-weather heater is fitted).

In fact, part# 295B0-3NF9E per this post.

Later in my notes: last letter A means original canary chemistry; D or E means 24kWh gen 2 chemistry (Wolf?), 3 or F means 30kWh lizard. G is 40kWh, probably lizard or better chemistry, though some 40kWh are worse than Wolf packs. I notice there is an inconsistency in these notes, when the last letter is D. Maybe 3 means lizard and no heater?

I don't think we should refer to the 30kwh packs as "Lizard." Some of them last fairly well, but so many shed bars that I've been calling those the "Lettuce" packs. If they really do use the Lizard chemistry, then they show the inadvisability of their particular construction...

Back