DC Fast charging stopped without any reasons

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan8c

Hi,

Does anybody have this problem? I think maybe after a year or so of owning my Nissan Leaf 2019, when I fast-charge, the session will automatically stop after about 1 min. I have already turned off the timers and home location functions, but this problem still persists.

It seems to happen more often in the early morning. Sometimes, I need to plug in the connector for upto 4 times, before the charging session can go all the time without stopping after 1min. It's really annoying.

I think it's happening at about 50% of the time when I fast-charge the car.

I only uses EV-Go charging stations because they are still free for me. However, both charging stations that I use have this problem. I called EV-Go, and they told me that nobody ever makes such complaint.

Shall I take my car to dealer?

I would try a couple other DCQC stations before taking the car to the dealer. I noticed a couple of EVgo stations I used with the 2015 would fail to charge unless I unplugged/plugged in a couple of times so I suspect the latch checking contacts were marginal (actually found one station that did not work because the latches were stuck and was able to charge by cleaning/tapping the latches in the DCQC's connector head). The charge timers should have no effect on DCQC charging.

Have to agree with Gerry's comment. I have had many charge sessions fail after less than 2 minutes and it was mostly EVgo. Hasn't happened recently but then again, changes thru out the network happen slowly so you could be using a station that is less capable.

The reality is you can make it work after as many as 4 attempts says the station works, the car works so only thing left is the connection between the station and the car. Not an unusual situation. In all things public, those handles get abused regularly. Back when I DC'd regularly, the weeks I didn't have to pick one off the ground and return it to its holder were few and far between.

Back