Guide/advice to replace charge cover solenoid (2014)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonro001

Hello all,

My cable to the charge hatch solenoid has been compromised (looks like it was loose and the friction at the solenoid cover rubbed it through). Aside from letting everyone know you might want to tie this down, does anyone have an approach to replace this piece?

Bought the service manual and it had nothing other than it exists. It's pretty embedded in the front cage, not sure of the best approach here.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

A picture might help. Is it just a problem with the cable housing, or is the cable itself damaged?

IMG-0763.jpg

IMG-0764.jpg

Here you go, hope this works. Pretty sure all I need to do is reconnect using my soldering iron and some connectors to add a bit of strength, then close in the hole with some weld. Not sure if an animal or just the wind while I drive.

Gave it another shot, removed all but the bottom screw (could not approach), thinking I need to remove the entire front cowling to get at this. Have an appt for a few hours of shop time on Monday at the dealer if I can't get at this.

Back