Bringing Charging to the Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SageBrush

The southeastern part of New Mexico is one of the last large areas in the US that has very little EV charging. RV parks are pretty much the only option. Chris Dizon is a local EV owner who wants to improve this situation. He background is nuclear engineering, and he now runs a PV installation company when he is not fighting for solar rights and promoting EVs. He has started an initiative that boils down to collecting funds for L2 equipment and then installing them at cost.

The goal is to spread L2 charging throughout the area by installing multiple L2 connections at each location with speeds ranging from 32 -to 72 Amps (depending whether one or multiple cars are charging.) Each location will cost about $1000 in equipment.

Please consider contributing to this most excellent project, and spread the word !
https://www.gofundme.com/public-ev-charging-abq-to-carlsbad?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=p_email%2B4803-donation-alert-v5

This is why I built my own charging network.

20190522_214649.jpg
The cost of me doing free electrical work.
All are 240v. 3 are 30 amp and one is a 50 so I can use my portable chadmo if needed.

Back