Opinions on charging subscriptions?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driveelectricev

Hey all - I drive a leaf in Hawaii where everything is pretty close to each other. Also have an L2 at home.

But for you all on the mainland, what are your thoughts on charging subscriptions? I know there are a few subscription services around but what makes them worth it or not worth it? (Infrastructure level, monthly pricing, reliability, etc

I think it really depends on how often someone would use the quick charge network offering a subscription. I can't remember the exact details but the EA station somewhat near the ex's house has the price per kWh slightly cheaper with the subscription. Greenlots might be the same way?

I do most of my charging level 1 at my condo since there's an outlet right in front of my spot and generally use a charge point quick charge only when going to and from my buddy's house out in the country and it's a flat $.43/kWh with no subscription options. If they did offer one it would really be a matter of number crunching whether my charging would be worth it - but all the QC stations around here are relatively new and in good repair. I think the subscriptions are just a way to recoup costs/bring in revenue for the P/L sheets regardless of traffic level at all the stations with the reduced fee as just an incentive to sign up.

Back