2020 Leaf roof rack

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

I purchased my 2020 Leaf SV and am wondering if anyone has roof rack on their Leaf. I know they say it will effect my milage but this is only to be used once in a while, not leaving them all the time. Question is which ones have you bought and from where. Im in Vancouver Canada. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers ...Harry

I use a Thule Aero bar (the slightly wing shaped one) with the Leaf mounting kit, and yes it absolutely affects the range, 10-20% less driving range depending on weather and speed, even more with something like my kayak loaded.

Do check the notes for the mounting kit to see if it has a different load capacity than the bar, mine did, 100 or 75kg for the aero bar, but only 45kg with the vehicle specific mounting kit.

All we use is three foam pads on the roof for the kayak. Then we avoid the roof antenna and put straps through the 4 open doors and over top of the kayak. Then we close the 4 doors and tighten the straps and drive 38mph or less to the kayak spots nearby. If windy, then we do a third strap in the wheel well curve to the other wheel well curve. Red flag on tail of kayak and good to go. What will you put on the roof ? Bicycles or kayaks or various items? Boxes?

Back