Alaskan Way Viaduct / Tunnel in a Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. Video might not mean that much to those not familiar w/the Seattle area.

I was a bit confused at first as even the top video didn't look that old. There's a white Model 3 at ~2:56 in the top portion.

A bunch of my FB friends kept posting about the the Alaskan Way viaduct (e.g. taking a last drive before it closed for demolition, demolition, etc.) One FB friend (I don't know him well, but met him when I worked at my previous job) had a workplace that was right next to it.

I left the PNW well before the change, in mid-2011 and haven't been back up there since. It was before they starting tolling the 520 bridge, which had gotten delayed.

Thanks for the feedback.

I probably should have included the dates . . . both runs happened in 2019, the first one was very near the last day you could drive the viaduct (January 5th) and the later run happened not too long after the tunnel opened (October 6th). So right at nine months apart, which had me contemplating video titles like 'Bertha Gives Birth' (Bertha being the name of the big boring machine that dug the tunnel).

Back