Spare Tyre location Pictures on AU Spec LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DownUnderLeaf

As requested by a fellow MNL poster ive uploaded a couple of picture of the spare tyre that is located under the boot/hatch/trunk area of the car. Its a space saver with a very basic bracket holding it in place.

Jack location in hatchback,
image_zps1964f8e1.jpeg

Spare tyre under car 1
photo-5_zpse14436e0.jpg

Spare tyre under car 2
photo-6_zps0746b549.jpg

Very interesting. And this is standard or a factory option on Leafs in Australia?

I wish we could get this standard or optional in the US.

cwerdna said:
Very interesting. And this is standard or a factory option on Leafs in Australia?

I wish we could get this standard or optional in the US.

Well to begin with I wasn't aware it was there at all. The dealer told me to call roadside assistance if I got a flat so I figured there wasn't a spare.

I'm guessing its standard factory fitted for the AU LEAF.

DownUnderLeaf said:
I guess so. From glancing thru http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/models/LEAF_model.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, it looks like there aren't multiple trim levels like in the US (SV and SL). The spec sheet at http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/models/LEAF_model.html#/specifications" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; mentions spare wheel.

Sure beats people trying to figure out where/how to carry a spare that US Leafs don't come with. A common source of spares for the US (I hear) is Nissan Altima spares from junkyards.

Thanks for the photos! -- We have the jack (and I use that area to store extra extension cords, gloves etc) -- but not the spare wheel.

I'm very interested to see if the British Leaf, being RHD too -- has the same features as yours. ;)

Do you have a speed limiter on the steering wheel? Or are we the only market with speed limiter and cruise control features?

aminorjourney said:
Thanks for the photos! -- We have the jack (and I use that area to store extra extension cords, gloves etc) -- but not the spare wheel.

I'm very interested to see if the British Leaf, being RHD too -- has the same features as yours. ;)

Do you have a speed limiter on the steering wheel? Or are we the only market with speed limiter and cruise control features?

We have cruise control yes, but I'm not sure what you mean by a speed limiter though?

cwerdna said:
DownUnderLeaf said:
I guess so. From glancing thru http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/models/LEAF_model.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, it looks like there aren't multiple trim levels like in the US (SV and SL). The spec sheet at http://www.nissan.com.au/webpages/models/LEAF_model.html#/specifications" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; mentions spare wheel.

Sure beats people trying to figure out where/how to carry a spare that US Leafs don't come with. A common source of spares for the US (I hear) is Nissan Altima spares from junkyards.

I wonder if it was at all even possible to purchase the OEM rails and parts to even "bolt-on" that spare tyre.

I too, like the spare tyre setup on the Aussie Leafs.

aminorjourney said:

The UK Leaf does NOT have a spare, it uses the same emergency tire kit a the US spec. And yes, it does have both cruise control and speed limiter. I imagine the aussie version has the same steering wheel controls!

Back